upgradeitis cured (hopefully) for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgradeitis cured (hopefully) for now

Ok, so i was a bit antsy with my old gaggia classic and em0480 and couldnt decide what shiny new machine to get. After much looking, i came to the conclusion that I wanted a HX machine with a larger than 1.5L boiler.

I didnt need a hot water spout on it, i wasnt fussed about looks, and TimO here was selling a Nuova Simonelli Oscar. A bit of research showed that it ticked all my important boxes, and although some consider it to be not so aesthetically pleasing, its looks dont worry me. I want a machine to make coffee, not a machine to look at. Besides, the black matches everything else i have, including the glass splashback it sits in front of.

Also as stated in another thread, i picked up a compak k6 grinder which is working a treat, even if i am still mildly disturbed by its size and also trying to get used to having a doser.

so with no further ado, allow me to present the new raph coffee station - with added bonus that though you can see me in the reflection, i am not nude  ;D

http://www.raph.ec/skitzo/raphnewcoffeestation.jpg (if image does not work... for some reason it seems not to)

Re: upgradeitis cured (hopefully) for now

This is all I got.......

Forbidden
    You dont have permission to access /skitzo/raphnewcoffeestation.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.raph.ec Port 80

Comment

bah hotlink protection is being a *self*censored to prevent the mods having to do it for me*

fixed it for now.

Comment

Enjoy "raphec" !

Comment

Nice pile o toys Raphec.

i picked up a compak k6 grinder which is working a treat, even if i am still mildly disturbed by its size and also trying to get used to having a doser
          I also own a K6 (tis my grinder at the Snobbery). Its a great "little" grinder and the doser has one of the best actions of all the commercial grinders I have fiddled with (I think the action is better than the Mazzer Robur too).

The K6 is a tad slow for commercial work but if you have the space then a good second hand one is great value for home.

Comment

oh it seems fantastic. it is just a BIG step up from the em0480.

i havent quite got my grinding right and along with the oscar its a daunting yet fun task to work out.

i may yet book chris to come down and impart some wisdom... once i bounce back financially anyway.

Comment

Good setup Raphec, I guess a great shots will grace your place for quite a while to come.

Glad to see you kept your clothes on to take the photo.
              Unlike the email i got yesterday with the guy selling a SS kettle on ebay. Good thing i hadnt had dinner before i read my email.

best of luck with your setup.
              Mal

Comment

Originally posted by bolb link=1219473560/0#6 date=1219497533
                Unlike the email i got yesterday with the guy selling a SS kettle on ebay.
                Unless I miss my guess, this is the "incident" that Raph is alluding to. Been circulating for quite a while now.

Unless theres more than one -- could be a fad?

Gets your page-views up anyway :P

Comment

Hi Raph,

Just a suggestion, but if the K6 hopper is bugging you, a K3 hopper will fit nicely... I have one on my K10

Chris

Comment

yes, diamond c said as much in a pm will be calling up on monday to see if one is available - 800g is much more sensible for me than 1.7kg

Comment

Working...
                    X