Errrr - Tea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errrr - Tea?

How about some Darjeeling tea? Its been ages (well, 6 months) since it appeared!

Oh, and any african beans! Hmmmmm!

/Kevin

Re: Errrr - Tea?

Maybe some Jasmine tea?

Something like what China Town in Sydney serve up?

Mmmmm, very relaxing.

-Linda

Comment

Is the tea on bean bay much different to what you get from the tea shops you see around? (names arent important - theyll get moderated out anyway). Theres a few near me that have a selection of 50-100 teas, all exotic sounding from all over the world - would it be comparable to what CS gets?

Comment

Id be guessing that the price here is much cheaper.

I got some Darjeeling here a while back and everyone LOVES it.

Comment

"Is the tea on bean bay much different to what you get from the tea shops ..."

IMHO it has been better than most of what these shops offer, and when they do have
          something equal or better, it is much more expensive.

The Darjeeling was particularly good. KJM and I were talking about it this
          morning; we BOTH want some more! I offered to share a kilo with him
          but he wants it all for himself ...

Comment

Originally posted by Sammus link=1219826873/0#2 date=1219841378
            Is the tea on bean bay much different to what you get from the tea shops you see around? (names arent important - theyll get moderated out anyway). Theres a few near me that have a selection of 50-100 teas, all exotic sounding from all over the world - would it be comparable to what CS gets?
            Andy may only offer one tea variety every now and then, but the ones that come up on offer are always top notch.
            To give you an idea, when we have purchased Darjeeling from CS, it has been of a higher grade than I could find at most places (SFTGFOP rather than FTGFOP) and the cost for a kilo here would get you 100-200g at most specialty tea stores.
            A similar story when we got some black teas, and an English Breakfast blend offered a while back is just fantastic.

If you want to try a bunch of different teas, no this probably isnt the place, but if one comes up that you have liked from somewhere else, then you should strongly consider grabbing a kilo when it comes up on CS.

Brett.

Comment

One thing you have to keep in mind though, is the HUGE volume that one chest of tea contains. I think most of them come in 30Kg chests/boxes and that is one hell of a lot of tea. The end result is that Andy nearly always ends up carrying a significant quantity of this tea for several months as too few people buy enough to empty a chest in a single go.

I spose what it comes down to, is that there needs to be an awful lot of interest from a lot of members to warrant buying a box or two....

Mal.

P.S.
              There are some very reputable places in Oz where you can buy really high quality tea for about double what Andy can sell it for (as opposed to some of the dodgy mobs who sell it for about 10X) but then these places also offer a wide selection most of the time, so I guess it comes down to choices... As always :

Comment

Cool, just the responses I was looking for! Pretty much what I expected too I guess  

Cheers

Sam

PS Anyone notice the sponsors banner is replaced with a smiley face? And my smiley in this post is an eye rolling one, when it should just be a regular one...

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammus link=1219826873/0#7 date=1219846221
                    PS Anyone notice the sponsors banner is replaced with a smiley face? And my smiley in this post is an eye rolling one, when it should just be a regular one...
                    No mate, looks ok from here.....

Mal.

Comment

hmm... must be me :P

edit: yep, clearing my cache fixed it. Shouldve tried that first.

Comment

Was that last smilie supposed to be poking its tongue?

Comment

IT was I do the p smiley from force of habit, Im not real fond of the icon they use on this forum though so I try not to use it.

I noticed when mine wasnt working properly, when Id hover over the smiley it would say what it was meant to be. So even though both mine and mals looked like eye rolling ones to me, mine said smiley an mals said roll eyes.

Anyway, back on topic ;D Im not a huge tea drinker - i think go to one of these expensive variety shops to try some teas before I commit myself to a kg of it. Cheers for the info.

Comment

Working...
                          X