Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affogato

This was in the SMH last week:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/heckler/bittersweet-sludge-misses-the-spot/2008/08/27/1219516561950.html

Cant say Ive tried an affogato so I wont knock it but the article displays the correct amount of attitude to qualify for a CS post.

Re: Affogato

So you have to have a bitter/over-extracted coffee for it to be a true affogato, to get the real experience.....?

Thats coming from someone who isnt an affogato afficionado.  :

Comment

Im allergic to avocado these days, but even so cant imagine what it would be like topped with espresso.

Comment

Good point - why would anyone want an avocado coffee?

Barista: How would you like your Mexican single origin served?

Customer: Guacamole please

Comment

in seven years as a restaurateur I was only asked once for an affogato. Quickly and camly I googled for the meaning/recipe then took a teaspoon sized scoop of vanilla icecream and poured a short black over it and delivered it before the icecream had completely melted...
          "magnificent" was the customers response... i remember thinking "Phew - thank god for google"

Comment

we carry a goodly supply of ice-cream for the sole purpose of making affogato ... i occasionally have one, and it is the only way Rob likes his espresso!
            and, as i am getting away with carrying about 85kg of extra coffee- ballast   :-[ oops: coffee-paraphernalia in this motorhome, it suits me to keep his affogati coming
            mind you, Rob thinks the best time for an affogato is with breakfast  ;D ;

when we are out and about, i have a doppio piccolo latte and he has... an affogato ;  although i will admit, if we have to explain what it is, he decides to have a hot chocolate instead  :
            a great affogato is indeed a wonderful mix of flavours...not a brown sludge of melted icecream with coffee flavour

L

Comment

Its a shame that people can get it so so wrong. Easy to make a good one in my experience. I even found out Campos secret icecream. Yum. Local too.

Comment

I have a friend who was mad keen on them, and for a dessert I think that they are pretty good.

As a coffee.... not so sure.

Alex

Comment

Great dessert I agree, but instead of a coffee, not for me. (poet and dont know it)

Comment

An affogato is just the best way to eat ice-cream!

Then follow with espresso

Possibly con hielo

Comment

Working...
                    X