Coffee bean bagging scoop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee bean bagging scoop

Im trying to find out where I can buy a scoop to make it easier to fill my bags with roasted beans.

What Ive seen, IIRC, is a scoop with a flat base to facilitate weighing and a hollow handle through which the beans can be poured into the bag.

Currently I use the container that came with my old scales but the pouring spout is very small and the bowl is quite wide.
    Both of these factors make it difficult to pour without spilling.
    I currently have to pour over a large SS bowl to cath the inevitable strays.

Re: Coffee bean bagging scoop

Try site sponsors Bombora, they have a nice one

Comment

I use a plastic measuring scoop
      My wife has a set from small to large that she uses in cooking

I had the same problem
      However if you only want one you can purchase a lolly scoop (metal or plastic)

KK

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1220586344/0#1 date=1220588929
        Try site sponsors Bombora, they have a nice one
        Thanks.

Comment

I tip then from the colander into a funnel. It works without a problem. You just have to get one with a throat big enough so the beans dont jam up. Cost $2.00 from any Auto Accessory Store.

Comment

Hiya TG....

"Jumbo Coffee" (a subsidiary of Coffee Parts) also has them mate... http://jumbocoffee.com.au/esentials/spoons.html

Cheers,
            Mal.

Comment

Subsidiary?

Learned something new.

Ta.

Comment

I use an old ice cream container. Just squeeze two corners together and it pour nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by WotB link=1220586344/0#7 date=1220673588
                  I use an old ice cream container. Just squeeze two corners together and it pour nicely.
                  LOL.... Thats what I use ;D

Mal.

Comment

I was in Woolies today TG and noticed a plastic pet food scoop (in the pet food section of course).  Looks like a lolly or coffee scoop. It was about $5 that had a flattened bottom. Capacity: probably hold about a cup, from memory.

Looked a bit like this: http://vividpromos.com.au/pet-food-scoop-p-11022.html?osCsid=f4aee9809c717f711f8064fdf74e73c7

Comment

I didnt even realise i wanted a scoop with flat bottom and hollow handle (as described by TG), but after reading this thread ive realised not only do i want one, i NEED one.
                      I was using a plastic mixing bowl on scales, and pouring onto a folded piece of cardboard inserted into the coffee bag. Worked ok, but now ive heard about something so much better, it will DISGUST me to have to use it ever again.
                      Oh well. Onwards and upwards. Im running out of space in the kitchen!

Comment

I visited Hazel this morning for a coffee and to buy some roasted beans and got a close up look of the scoop I was thinking of.

I priced one yesterday through Bombora.

Now I just have to decide if I go with it or one of the ideas above.

Comment

I thought this one was a very nice design: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1210132770/31#31

Java "Ah the things you find at conventions that you never knew you needed!" phile
                          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

..or the plastic one sitting atop the scales on the pic directly below it.

Comment

Mmmm The metal one sort of reminds me of a hospital item with a handle attached

Comment

Working...
                              X