Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melbourne coffee guide

So is the subject out yet?
    On the website it appears as if the guide is being sold already. Anyone saw it anywhere in the shops? I dont know even why I am so interested, I have my favourite spots sorted out, but just out of curiosity I guess...

Ed

Re: Melbourne coffee guide

Originally posted by chartres link=1221787828/0#0 date=1221787828
    So is the subject out yet?
    On the website it appears as if the guide is being sold already. Anyone saw it anywhere in the shops? I dont know even why I am so interested, I have my favourite spots sorted out, but just out of curiosity I guess...

Ed

Yes- it has been out for about 3 weeks:

4.5 beans or better for:[*]Coffee HQ city[*]Swithcboard[*]BBB[*]DiBella[*]Brunswick East Project[*]Mixed Business[*]Liar Liar[*]Icoco[*]Atomica[*]Batch[*]A minor place[*]Ici[*]St Ali[*]Sugardough[*]Appetite[*]North[*]Primary[*]Galleon[*]7 Grams[*]First Pour[*]Maling Room[*]Palomino[*]Apte[*]Coffee Basics[*]Panini

Keep in mind that both cafe and coffee were reviewed this year

Chris

Comment

I cant say I take too much notice of the beans scale, as theres some (in the Sydney edition anyway) that get a heap of beans and you couldnt pay me to have coffee there, then theres others that i rank as pretty much the best in Sydney, and they get squat.

Comment

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1221787828/0#2 date=1221792280
        I cant say I take too much notice of the beans scale, as theres some (in the Sydney edition anyway) that get a heap of beans and you couldnt pay me to have coffee there, then theres others that i rank as pretty much the best in Sydney, and they get squat.
        Yeppers- If its all about the coffee (and isnt it??), the following received 22/25 or better:[*]Coffee HQ[*]Switchboard[*]Liar Liar[*]Icoco[*]Batch[*]Beans & Bagels[*]St Ali[*]Primary[*]7 Grams[*]Growers[*]First Pour[*]Maling Room[*]Coffee Basics

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1221787828/0#1 date=1221791473
          Yes- it has been out for about 3 weeks:

4.5 beans or better for:

Keep in mind that both cafe and coffee were reviewed this year

Chris
          then I guess I will get one, just for reference.. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1221787828/0#3 date=1221792953

Yeppers- If its all about the coffee (and isnt it??), the following received 22/25 or better:
            ...[*]St Ali
            I wonder if this was StAli prior or post... With or without Mark...

Comment

Originally posted by chartres link=1221787828/0#5 date=1221796129
              Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1221787828/0#3 date=1221792953

Yeppers- If its all about the coffee (and isnt it??), the following received 22/25 or better:
              ...[*]St Ali
              I wonder if this was StAli prior or post... With or without Mark...
              They would have been reviewed with Mark at the helm...

Chris

Comment

Hey Chris
                Hate to impose on your time mate
                Is Brisbane in there somewhere?

KK

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1221787828/0#7 date=1221805914
                  Hey Chris
                  Hate to impose on your time mate
                  Is Brisbane in there somewhere?

KK

Nar KK....did you fail geography? Brisvegas is up North and Melboune is located just above the map o Tassie ;D

Comment

So because Brisbane doesnt have a coffee guide, does that mean that theres no good coffee up north? hahaha

Comment

Well I thought that it may have contained reviews of other cities to compare
                      That’s all? sorry for asking

Said tongue in cheek :P

KK

Comment

and replied tongue in cheek also KK....

There is a Sydney guide but no guide at this stage for Brisbane...

rgds

Comment

Im very glad that they decided to give a separate score for coffee as well as for the cafe. I have only had a brief skim of the book, but it looks like this made it a lot easier for them to give credit where credit was due.

Cheers,

Luca

Comment

Working...
                          X