ATT: Pro roasters and baristas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATT: Pro roasters and baristas

As a roaster I am constantly keeping my mind ticking about coffee by trying other peoples roasts and blends. I am however becoming sick of paying for coffee every week when I have 100s of kilos going through shop every day.

So, calling all roasters or baristas who work in a roastery. Im keen to swap beans. I thought if we had a pool of people, each prepared to send out 250 grams to each participant every week, then we could try a variety of coffees and roast/blend styles that we may never try. We would each only have to end beans out to x many people every x weeks, you get the drift.

Anyway, if anyone that fits the above would like to try it lets get this going.

Re: ATT: Pro roasters and baristas

Sounds Like a great idea!  If only I worked in a roastery!
    Hope you get some people on board.

Comment

Originally posted by postinfusion link=1222056984/0#1 date=1222060859
      Sounds Like a great idea!  If only I worked in a roastery!
      haha, yeah EXACTLY what I was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1222056984/0#0 date=1222056984
        I have 100s of kilos going through shop every day.

If I had that sort of turnover Id send out a free sample to every CS member!  ;D

EDIT: Ill give it a go!

Comment

I should just buy you some Jason, I think youve given me more coffee than Ive paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee link=1222056984/0#3 date=1222062640
            Originally posted by Pioneer Roaster link=1222056984/0#0 date=1222056984
            I have 100s of kilos going through shop every day.

If I had that sort of turnover Id send out a free sample to every CS member!  ;D

EDIT: Ill give it a go!
            Hi Dennis, Its funny but this post of yours made me think. 3 years ago when we first opened we were counting the grams as we were half way to our first target of 100 Kilos a week. Now the situation is the same but the target is 1000 Kilo/week. All things in time.

Comment

Theres a parcel heading your way Jason. No prizes for guessing whats in it - hope you enjoy the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee link=1222056984/0#6 date=1222207002
                Theres a parcel heading your way Jason.  No prizes for guessing whats in it - hope you enjoy the difference.

Likewise

Comment

now that is some good community spirit, and a bloody good idea

Comment

Why not broaden it to all roasters rather than just pro roasters?

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTom link=1222056984/0#9 date=1222301634
                      Why not broaden it to all roasters rather than just pro roasters?

Alex
                      Im only speaking for myself here.

If I can draw an analogy Alex, a chef is more likely to seek the assistance of another chef to improve their skills. My reasoning for this is that both chefs, or in this case roasters, already have a common base to work from. Its our chosen profession, we use similar equipment, etc. I hope Im not mis-quoting, though I seem to recall Jason once having used the term, "My bretheren roasters", or words to that affect, and thats exactly how I feel toward other pro-roasters.

By no means am I denegrating home-roasters - just keep in mind that for you its a hobby, while for me its a livelihood.

Theres no reason why CSers cant follow suit with the idea and share roasts with each other.

Comment

Originally posted by cuppacoffee link=1222056984/0#10 date=1222304647
                        Theres no reason why CSers cant follow suit with the idea and share roasts with each other.
                        Absolutely... Great idea Dennis [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Dennis, coffee arrived last night. I skipped my morning cup at home to have one of yours when I got to work. Came in at 6 and there was no power until 5 mins ago. As soon as the machine is up to temp and all systems are checked Ill give it a go.

Comment

Coffee arrived yesterday Jason and looking forward to trying it today...thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X