Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprised...but happy!

GDay

I just wanted to share what I suppose most CS already know!

Up until now, I have never compared the taste of my shots with a cafe.  Yesterday for the first time I ordered a double espresso from an up-market cafe.  I know it sounds cliche, my shot tasted so much better!  I honestly thought that what I was making at home wouldnt even come close  

I suppose it just goes to show that if youve got a decent grinder, freshly roasted beans (thanks Andy) & a reasonable technique, cafe quality shots can be produced at home...even on a $300 machine!  8-)

Andrew

Re: Surprised...but happy!

Originally posted by Secksy link=1222236666/0#0 date=1222236666
    I suppose it just goes to show that if youve got a decent grinder, freshly roasted beans (thanks Andy) & a reasonable technique, cafe quality shots can be produced at home...even on a $300 machine!  8-)

Andrew
    You meant "better than" cafe quality

Comment

Well that really depends upon which cafe.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1222236666/0#1 date=1222241190
        You meant "better than" cafe quality
        Yes I did...thanks TG  

Originally posted by Martial Monkey link=1222236666/0#2 date=1222241497
        Well that really depends upon which cafe.
        True MM!  If its run by someone who actually cares about what they brew!  

Comment

And once youve spoilt yourself Andrew, theres no turning back.  Coffee Snobs are easily identified at average cafes - theyre the ones drinking tea, iced coffee and hot chocolate.

Whatever you do, dont buy tea or cocoa from beanbay, or venture into the world of making Cold Press - you may find yourself becoming a hermit!

;D

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1222236666/0#4 date=1222258622
            And once youve spoilt yourself Andrew, theres no turning back.  Coffee Snobs are easily identified at average cafes - theyre the ones drinking tea, iced coffee and hot chocolate.

Whatever you do, dont buy tea or cocoa from beanbay, or venture into the world of making Cold Press - you may find yourself becoming a hermit!

;D
            ..or becoming an eccentric (read "mad") scientist inventing home-made instant (Den-niscafe) coffee. ;D

Comment

Working...
            X