Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Storing beans in Queensland...recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing beans in Queensland...recommendations?

Fellow snobs I feel like I should know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

In Queensland's nice muggy environment what should I be storing my new bag of coffee in?

A decade ago I was told to keep them in the freezer, then recently the fridge and now from certain suppliers I'm told the cupboard in a sealed container in the dark....

I'm going through a 500g bag every 2 weeks approximately so its not long durations that they will be stored.

A good starting point:
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/forum/cof...-roasted-beans

Java "Yup! A whole forum!" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Well, I'm in darwin - it's plenty sticky here at the moment.
      I just conducted a non scientific non blinded experiment of storing some coffee sealed in a vacuum sealed bag and stored in a wine fridge at 18 deg and another bag sealed but not vacuumed, same storage. left for 1 month ... the crema and taste is better on the vacuum sealed bag, but it's still not as good as fresh stuff.

why did I do this ... I panic bought a shed load of coffee, because ... covid.
      hey - it makes more sense than toilet paper, I can live without toilet paper.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rutu5 View Post
        Fellow snobs I feel like I should know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyway.

In Queensland's nice muggy environment what should I be storing my new bag of coffee in?

A decade ago I was told to keep them in the freezer, then recently the fridge and now from certain suppliers I'm told the cupboard in a sealed container in the dark....

I'm going through a 500g bag every 2 weeks approximately so its not long durations that they will be stored.
        Cupboard will be fine in a sealed bag/container with a one way valve.
        Its only 2 weeks.
        But try alternative storage options, you may find something better for you

Comment

Working...
        X