writing a coffee article, need your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• writing a coffee article, need your help

Looking for someone who roasts their own coffee to talk to for a piece. I can be contacted on nmirosch@optusnet.com.au or on Tuesday at miroschn@qnp.newsltd.com.au
    Hope its ok to post here, need someone quickly.

cheers
    Nat

Re: writing a coffee article, need your help

Whats it for? And where? "piece"? Some details might get you some responses!

Comment

Shes looking for someone to (wait for it. . .) spill the beans!

Comment

Thanks for the responses. THe piece is for the Courier Mail. Its on people DIYing their coffee, buying their beans, roasting etc. It would be great to talk to a Brisbanite/SE QLDer who are willing to have a pic taken. Deadline is today, (Tues), so please email me ASAP if youd be willing to contribute.

cheers
        Nat

Comment

just dont mention beanbay! Its hard enough getting beans already!

Comment

oo, thats one that got by me!. Well, Ill be kind and leave you one lol. Thanks all, have the info and people now. Ill post a link to the article if anyone wants to read it when it comes out.

cheers
            nat

Comment

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,20588792-5004581,00.html

The info boxes on a guy here in Brisbane who also grows his own in his back yard and another on how to make pretty coffees are not included. See if you can spot a couple of coffee snobs!

Nsy

Comment

Which info boxes are these, cant see any?

Comment

Originally posted by Corretto link=1160117270/0#7 date=1161042799
                  The ones that "are not included" ;D

And I wonder who the Belinda is??? And how does she stir the beans with a fan? Must be a new technique.

Good article. Wonder how the sales of roasters in Qld will increase???

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1160117270/0#8 date=1161043063
                    Originally posted by Corretto link=1160117270/0#7 date=1161042799
                    The ones that "are not included" ;D

And I wonder who the Belinda is??? And how does she stir the beans with a fan? Must be a new technique.

Good article. Wonder how the sales of roasters in Qld will increase???

Yes, wondering that myself Java. I was sure I stated the fan was to blow the smoke and chaff away. Rather misleading indeed :-(

The url down the bottom points to www.coffeesnob.com.au vice www.coffeesnobs.com.au

Belinda

Comment

Belinda,

Also just noticed the listing of this site under grean bean suppliers (on line)....

Doesnt specifically mention BeanBay..... I wonder how many will find it?

Andy might have to increase the stocks for each monthly poll!

Its funny how reporters get things almost right..... after all - blowing away smoke and chaff is almost the same thing ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1160117270/0#10 date=1161044723
                        Belinda,

Also just noticed the listing of this site under grean bean suppliers (on line)....

Doesnt specifically mention BeanBay..... I wonder how many will find it?

Andy might have to increase the stocks for each monthly poll!

Its funny how reporters get things almost right..... after all - blowing away smoke and chaff is almost the same thing ;D ;D
                        Yeah, almost right but not quite even nearly :-/
                        It doesnt mention in my bit that I now get beans from this site, just that my first ones came from Pioneer Roastery. But then again Im a small bit in a large article. Insignificant really.

Wonder who the other CS is? :-?

I think anyone interested enough in roasting will find beanbay through this site though. They couldnt really miss it.

Will be interesting to see if anymore beans than normal will be sold this month.

If I didnt know about the article coming up, I wouldnt even seen it though ...........

Belinda

Comment

Google will guide them!

Comment

Originally posted by grendel link=1160117270/0#12 date=1161045789
                            Google will guide them!

True True, other CS ;-)

Comment

Was a good article by and large though... despite some errors as mentioned...

Although putting Roasted Coffee in the Fruit and Veg part of the fridge caused me to roll my eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X