Wanted Pics of BM Motor Re-wiring Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted Pics of BM Motor Re-wiring Mods

Hello.  Ive been enjoying CS for a little while now.  I started with a popcorn popper.  Ive been using a homemade "drum" that is a drill bit for my cordless drill.  With that I can roast 2 cups of green with my heatgun.  I recently came across a breadmaker and wanted to give that a try.  Well, set on "dough," theres the 2 minute pulsing, then it goes continuous.  I put a cup of green Sumatra Mandheling in and ran into some trouble.  After about 2 minutes the BM shut down and displayed an error code.  I got it at a thrift store, so I dont have the manual.  I went in and bypassed the thermal protection, but the error is still there.  I want to rewire the BM motor so I can plug it in and have continuous bean movement.

Ive searched and read many of the BM threads, and the ones where people describe their modifications.  This one was the best I found:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1164073183

But Id like a little more info.  Im in the US and have 120V AC.  The motor is a 120V model requiring a 10uF capacitor.  I see that wired on the board, but Id like some more information on modifying.

I am perfectly comfortable taking my life in my hands, and have read all the necessary warnings, etc.  Im not going to sue anyone for giving some advice !

Clinto or Cruiserman, do you have any pictures?  If Im reading you correctly, you just put the AC directly to the leads of the motor.  Is there supposed to be a coil in series with the capacitor?  There is a coil on the board, but I cant quite make out how its wired in.  There are some resistors, diodes, transistors, etc in the signal path... I just want the motor on!

Thanks in advance.

CHAD

Re: Wanted Pics of BM Motor Re-wiring Mods

Gday seedlings and Welcome to CoffeeSnobs [smiley=thumbsup.gif],

As you can imagine, there are many differences between the details of design from one BM to another and even with the same make and model but at different times of manufacture. To make it a bit easier for us to be more helpful it would be great if you could supply us with some close-up photos of the innards of your machine from various angles, just to make sure we can see where the wiring and connections go.

Hear back from you soon ,

Mal.

Comment

I should be back by the house in a little while, so look for some pics soon. Thanks Mal for the quick reply!

CHAD

Can I just insert pictures with the icon in the toolbar, or do I need to post them on public space first?

Comment

Gday again Chad,

You can do either mate, if you choose the former you are limited to one image per post so may end up requiring several posts to list all the photos.... the latter is probably the easiest way to go if you have a public host account already.

Its early in the morning here Im afraid (Tuesday 01:55) and Im heading off to bed so someone else might pick up where Ive left off, if not, Ill catch you again tonight

Cheers,
        Mal.

Comment

The pictures didnt work...read on...

Comment

Well, that didnt work...
            :-/
            Still trying... youll see them eventually

Comment

>

Comment

>

Comment

Keep looking...sorry, Im editing the failed picture posts...

Comment

I just keep messing with your board, Mal...

Comment

Seems to be something wrong with the link URLs seedlings?

I, and a lot of others usually use Photobucket or Flickr to host photos and never had any probs that I am aware of..... so that might be another option.

Failing that, you can upload the image files individually (640x480 pixels preferably) from your computer to individual posts, one below the other like you appear to have tried, nothings showing up though :-?,

Mal.

Comment

Trying the pictures again...

Comment

Another view of the main board

Comment

Motor

Comment