Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Top and Coffesnobs intro member pack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Top and Coffesnobs intro member pack!

Hi,

I have been really busy of late but want to report back on how great the deal on the green beans was, the member pack is worth it. Arrived on time at my sisters workplace, which then transported back by my mother to Perth.

I took out my battered Hottop Roaster from storage and fired it up with a small roast of the Ugandan coffee. The test run went ok, but I think I had it to high of a temperature, the coffee came out on the darker side, but thats ok, my mate loves his that way ( more for him).

I love the aroma and sound of roasting coffee, people think I am strange because I enjoy watching it. I tell them if you take your eyes away then it might catch fire and I show them the evidence of the near death experience the Hottop roaster had.

Luckily the board was fixed by a friend who happened to be an electronics nerd!

I have taken photographs and a short movie of "Welcome Back Hottop" show.

Will post back with links shortly, ok got to get back to work!

Re: Hot Top and Coffesnobs intro member pack!

Photo Album

http://www.bubbleshare.com/album/212803/overview

Comment

wow, these beans are almost black as coal ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1186545956/0#2 date=1186907897

Yep, dont know how accurate the photo is..... but they look like they have been taken WELL into second crack.....

Far too dark for my liking :-X

Comment

Originally posted by JavaB link=1186545956/0#3 date=1186914888

Yep, dont know how accurate the photo is..... but they look like they have been taken WELL into second crack.....

Far too dark for my liking :-X
          And if you were to drop the beans onto a counter top, they would probably crack a third time!

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis link=1186545956/0#4 date=1186915098
            And if you were to drop the beans onto a counter top, they would probably crack a third time!
            And Dennis,  you crack me up!  ;D

--Robusto

Comment

Did I say my mate was a Coal Miner

Thats why it is important to have your eye on the job, the setting I chose did not suit the actual day temperature, I have noticed that you cannot get a consistent roast on these settings of the hottop, every coffee is different, cold start is different from a third roast run. Looking forward to the electronic control pad to see if it helps in getting a more consistent roast.

So you cannot take your eyes of the roast and you got note all the variables for the roasting, but it is fun and the smell is so satisfying.

Ok another shot at the African beans.

Anyone with a hottop care to share their experience with the Ugandan green coffee beans?

Well when I got some time will try it again and post again the results.

Comment

Working...
              X