Breadmaker Panasonic SD-200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breadmaker Panasonic SD-200

Wondering if anyone else was using one of these for their Corretto?

If so, how have you found it and did you have to mod it at all?

Runfast

Re: Breadmaker Panasonic SD-200

What youre looking for on any breadmaker is a Dough cycle, where all it does is mix. It frequently starts off with the paddle turning every two seconds or so, then after 3 mins the paddle turns continuously. This is when you turn the heatgun on and actually start the roast. Once youve found the cycle (most BMs have it) you need to make sure it runs for around 25 mins or longer. Most roasts will be done inside 20 mins, but occasionally youll have a bean that just takes longer, or you wont have the roast progressing quite fast enough and the extra few minutes can come in handy.

Comment

Yea, cheers,

this one seems to sit for 30mins before doing anything at all and then spinning for about 20-22mins stopping for a minute or two and then starting again?

Comment

http://support.panasonic.co.nz/docstore/SD200%20book.PDF

Thats the link to a copy of the instruction manual. I only had a quick look, but the minutes pause should only happen during the Raisin Dough cycle (giving you time to add the raisins of course), if you choose the Dough cycle it will run straight through for what looks like 30 minutes. Having to wait 30 minutes before it starts is going to be a problem for you though - mine has a 3 minute wait and that can seem like forever at times.

Comment

Runfast,

In case this didnt occur to you.....

If you are electrically minded, it is usually fairly easy to bypass all that microprocessor stuff and just install an override switch to directly turn the motor on and off.

Many of us have done this, and some have have achieved it and also managed to preserve the functions of the breadmaker [in the event that their significant other half still wants to use it for its intended purpose!].

You may also need to remove the heating element and possibly the overheat thermostat.

Please beware that this work involves lethal voltages so you need to know what your doing.

Comment

You will have to sort the machine out and start roasting that stash you picked up yesterday!!!

Comment

Yea, i think i will leave this one for the intended purpose and seek out a Breville!

Comment

"Sounds fair to me!!!"

Comment

Since I started Corretto roasting, I have acquired 5 different bread makers, all from boot / garage sales, strangely people do not want to use them for bread, as a consequence the most that I have paid for mine is $12 and the least is $5 and all except the $5 one are in as new condition.

The $5 ( Breville BB200) machine is the one I roast in, electrics removed and on off switch fitted.

If I get a few more I could be on ABCs Collectors, or incarcerated in the big house with the padded cells!!

Cheers Gazz

Comment

We have a Panasonic SD-206 (similar model) and if you choose the "pizza dough" setting (press "menu" 5 times then hit "start") it will display 45 mins on the LCD panel and the paddle begins rotating after 4-5 seconds.

I obtained a 2nd-hand Breville for Coretto roasting as we use our Panasonic fairly regularly for making bread and I couldnt drill holes for the thermocouple probe through it.

Cheers,
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz link=1196846129/0#8 date=1197082329
                      If I get a few more I could be on ABCs Collectors, or incarcerated in the big house with the padded cells!!
                      LOL,

So long as they let you take the espresso equipment with you mate, youll be right ;D

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by codlocks link=1196846129/0#9 date=1197096084
                        We have a Panasonic SD-206 (similar model) and if you choose the "pizza dough" setting (press "menu" 5 times then hit "start") it will display 45 mins on the LCD panel and the paddle begins rotating after 4-5 seconds.

Unfortunately the SD-200 does not have the pizza option - thanks anyway!

Comment

Whereas yours looks like this Chris!

Comment

Ok, now working with a Sunbeam Bakehouse - sweet! 8-) No mods needed at this stage

Thanks

Runfast

Comment

Originally posted by runfast link=1196846129/0#12 date=1197202518

Whereas yours looks like this Chris!
                              Yes runfast - youre right. Sorry. I was actually tracking an SD-200 on ebay (looked identical to our 206) but gave up when bidding exceeded $90. Ended up buying a Breville for roasting and probably just as well or I would be facing the same dilemma.

Cheers,
                              Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X