My first roast with IMex CR-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first roast with IMex CR-100

Bought an IMex for my Bday. Just did my first roast this morning. Roasted 140g Ethiopian within 9mins. Im very impress with the roaster. It is very even. However, I cant hear the second crack. Are there any tricks?

Also, I would like to buy some green bean from Bean bay. However, it apears all the beans are sold out. Does anyone have any clude?

CHeers,

Sugilun

Re: My first roast with IMex CR-100

I havent used an Imex, so I cant help with the 2nd crack, but Beanbay green beans go on sale approximately once a month, they are generally gone within the first day or so. Keep an eye out for the announcement of the next Beanbay, in the "BeanBay Banter" section of this forum.

If you havent already purchased one, the green bean Starter Packs should be available from Beanbay anytime.

Happy roasting.

Comment

You should also get an email to remind you that Beanbay is about to happen.

Comment

Am~~~How can i recieve an email from bean bay?
        Will post my roast later

Comment

THis is my 1st roast~~EVeryone please give me some comments~~

Comment

Sugilun,

Beanbays are held roughly each month. If you have your e-mail address registered, you should get an e-mail a few days before each one.
            As a general rule, most beans only last 1 or 2 days before selling out. Any that are left are only available for a few more days until all beans are made sold out in order to allow Andy to process the orders for the entire beanbay.

As for the roast, it is a little hard to tell with the quality of the picture. Also, it might pay to take the picture of the beans against a neutral background. Perhaps a white bench or piece of paper.

I personally started out with an Imex a few years back and found it gave good results. 9 minutes seems a bit quick for a roast, but not totally unlikely. Cracks are hard to hear due to the noise of the fan, but you do get better at hearing them. Some beans have louder cracks than others. Peru Grace estate are quite loud and distinct. Yemen are a smaller and less noisy bean. With the Imex, I found I needed to pay more attention to colour (you need to wash the lid often to allow good visibility) and you need to get into the habit of stopping the roast earlier than you want as it always took me at least 20 seconds to get the power off, lid off, chaff collector out and beans dumped into cooling device. All the while, they are still roasting.

HTH.

Brett.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy link=1200102989/0#5 date=1200109954
              As a general rule, most beans only last 1 or 2 days before selling out.
              The more popular ones are usually gone within a few minutes of going on sale, so you have to be quick! But there are often some other beans still available for the next day or two.

Bill

Comment

Is that a better pic?

Comment

Another one

Sugilun,

Ive asked you quite a few times in the past to try and keep your images at a size no greater than 640x480 pixels in size. It would be appreciated if you can aim to do this in the future please....

Thank you,
                  Mal.

Comment

Not a bad roast.

May I suggest that you post the photos a little smaller so it it easier to view the whoile picture without scrolling up / down and left/right. The mods will probably adjust these pics to be smaller but easier for them if you do it before posting. Also not zoomin in so much will help with focusing.

Let the roast settle for a few days to degas then try it. It should improve over the week after settling down.

Comment

Sorry Mal, Ive totally forgot about it~~~Sorry about that~~~
                      I have formated my PC currently, which software can i use to reduce the size of the picture again?

Comment

No worries mate,

Saves me a bit of extra work

Mal.

Comment

I want to ask how should i store the bean after roast? And the green bean as well

Comment

Hi Tony,

Nice work on your first roast. From the photos I dont think these beans have reached 2nd crack. Looks good....the proof is in the cup, youll just get more acidity from this roast. You have a Sunbeam EM6910 right? Crank the temp to 96 C and see how it goes.

Cheers,

David Seng

Comment

Hi David,

Ill try to roast it longer next time. I made a latte just now. Find out that the latte is very very weak. I think the roast is too light. Hopefully, I can do it better next time.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X