Video: Breadmaker Heatgun Corretto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Breadmaker Heatgun Corretto

Hey, I made a video (that had to be in two parts) on youtube.  You can check it out if you have 20 minutes of free time... ;D

Part 1: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YrKt-fxGi4A

Part 2: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JYpnj6HOO8I

Each video runs 10 minutes.

Enjoy,
    CHAD

Re: Video: Breadmaker Heatgun Coretto

Thats a nice setup youve got there. Decent sized batch of beans too. I guess the most important question is: how did they taste?

Comment

Great job Chad. How long have you been roasting?

Comment

Excellent setup Chad and thanks for capturing it on video [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif] [smiley=tekst-toppie.gif]

-Alchemist-

Comment

Great setup Chad. Didnt you have a blower roaster last year?

Comment

Originally posted by 22a link=1209058273/0#1 date=1209074096
            Thats a nice setup youve got there. Decent sized batch of beans too. I guess the most important question is: how did they taste?
            I had a pot this morning with about 12 hours rest and the only suitable phrase is "chocolate syrup."  It is sooooo sweet and chocolaty.  Not cocoa, but milk chocolate.  There is a initial burst of fruit/floral, but the sweet chocolate kicks in right away and hangs around in a bit of a waxy mouthfeel, best I can describe.  I can roast a kilo in here.

Originally posted by martybean link=1209058273/0#4 date=1209084603
            Great setup Chad. Didnt you have a blower roaster last year?
            Yes I did (and still do).  Ive had a problem with failing heat guns, which is likely because I buy cheap guns for less than $15USD. In fact the blower in my cooler is the same one from the air roaster.

Spring is here and I am weighing options for a new blower roaster, but Im still in search of a suitable (read: inexpensive) blower capable of high inlet temperatures to recirculate the heat on a new model.

Ive been roasting for about a year now.  Started with the PopperyII, then I first learned of the breadmaker here and Mal helped me modify it so it would run continuous.  Ive been lying low, but thought you all might get a kick out of the videos.

Thanks!  CS is a great site!

CHAD

Comment

Great videos

I am on the search for a bread maker machine, got to have a go at this!

Comment

Great set up. I am considering getting into roasting. Question do you disconnect the heating ewlement in the bread machine? I have read most of the posts here but cant see any re mods on the bread machines concerning their internal heating?? :-/ Sorry if this is a stupid question

Comment

Mate - people do. I just stick mine onto big loaf and wait the 2 mins for a slow kneed while I set up the probe and laptop and beans and then I get 30 mins of fast kneed cycle to play with without any heating element.

Cheers

PS. Remington Big Loaf (probably 8 years old).

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by seedlings link=1209058273/0#5 date=1209091337
                      I can roast a kilo in here.
                      1kg?
                      The pan doesnt look any bigger than the one in my BM and I was worried about being able to do 600g.

600g is fine. After expansion the beans are still safely within the confines of the pan but theres no way Id consider 1kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Thundergod link=1209058273/0#10 date=1209124844
                        Originally posted by seedlings link=1209058273/0#5 date=1209091337
                        I can roast a kilo in here.
                        1kg?
                        The pan doesnt look any bigger than the one in my BM and I was worried about being able to do 600g.

600g is fine. After expansion the beans are still safely within the confines of the pan but theres no way Id consider 1kg.
                        Heres a picture of an actual ~1K roast batch. The heatgun was only an inch from the beans by the end of the roast, but I had the heat dialed pretty low... just letting the beans cruise to final temp on their own. Incidentally, it was after this roast that I made the higher thermocouple hole. The original lower TC hole was off several degrees and second crack showed up early (it was an uninvited guest, too!). Hence the sheen on the beans!

Thats a Melitta 10 cup manual drip pot for scale.

CHAD

Comment

Pretty good effort there Chad..... 8-)

Also good to see you spreading the good word about Corretto roasting too.... the more the merrier ;D,

Mal.

Comment

Re: Video: Breadmaker Heatgun Corretto

I corrected the title to "Corretto" with the double "r".

When I searched "corRetto" on youtube... um... maybe that means something else in another language.

CHAD

Comment

Re: Video: Breadmaker Heatgun Corretto

Originally posted by seedlings link=1209058273/0#13 date=1209165049
                              When I searched "corRetto" on youtube... um... maybe that means something else in another language.

Comment

Working...
                              X