No announcement yet.

1st Corretto Roast-Great Fun! Wrng- Lots of Pics

This is a sticky topic.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by barlo View Post
    I timed it today. It took 2 mins to reach room temp while 28 degrees outside where I roasted.

    about the same time as sucking air through,thats good to know ,i have notice a bit of chaff in the bags when i have fiinished the beans ,if i blew the chaff out as well as cooling ,a better results .


    • Hi all, I've recently had a shot at making a coretto! I thought I'd post the process if anyone needs a hand.
      Using the Palsonic PA-3600. It's the perfect size.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0749.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	826929
      Inside the beast. Removing the control panel just takes a few screws.
      The temp sensors are attached to the bread chamber. I unmounted them and simply moved them to a spot inside the casing that wouldn't get hot. This is to stop the machine from shutting down from overheating (I don't think bread usually cooks at 250 degrees in these things!)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0755.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	826930
      The casing is a night mare to take off on your own. The screws on the feet were abnormal so I made a tool to unscrew them by filing a notch in a flat-head drill bit.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0756.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	442.1 KB
ID:	826931
      Here is the high-voltage board. The white braided cables going to the bread chamber is for the temp sensors. You'll also notice the rectifier (4 diodes and capacitor to the left) that converts AC to DC. This got me worried because I was hoping to just bypass the entire board to supply constant power to the motor when the machine is turned on. It turns out that all this DC is used for is to power the control board. Otherwise, the motor is AC. This meant that all I had to do was tap the motor wires and hook them up onto the power running into the board from the wall. I confirmed this with a multimeter to be sure.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	826932
      Here I cut the motor wires (blue and yellow) and connected them directly to the main power. This was the simplest way I could do it. If I wanted to be a bit more professional I would've disconnected the power from the high-voltage board. This would've meant that no power goes through the board and therefore I wouldn't have to worry about moving the temperature sensors but I figured that, since I already moved them, It wouldn't matter in my case. (Leaving it connected also means the machine still beeps whenever its turned on for whatever that's worth!)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0766.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	826933
      Excuse the poor image but this is the final prototype. You'll notice I removed the plastic from the lid to avoid it melting. The heat gun is just propped up 90 degrees with just a bit of plywood screwed into the handle. Temp sensor is just dangling inside the machine at the level of the bean mass. It's surprisingly effective but i'll think of a better way to mount it and maybe add another. I was able to control the heat super easily with the heat gun.

      First crop turned out great. Got to FC about 9mins in and was able to keep it rolling for 90secs. About CS9 or CS10.

      Hope this helps! Cheers.


      • Finally got my stainless steel pan for the bread machine. It's a sunbeam I ripped the guts and rewired it now to try it out
        Attached Files