Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel RoastMonitor Spreadsheet/Chart

Hi,

Attached is an Excel spreadsheet/charting tool you can use for your downloaded RoastMonitor .csv data.  Instructions are contained in the spreadsheet.

My humble thanks goes to NewToEspresso for the original spreadsheets that Ive modified slightly to hopefully suit most CSers roast profiles and data needs.

If you have any improvements, please feel free to make them and upload your version  

(Whilst it is possible to have the events automatically noted on the datapoints, it also puts a zero at every other datapoint making the chart unreadably messy. So for simplicity graphic boxes and arrow connectors have been used instead.)

Best regards,
    Intellidepth

Re: Excel RoastMonitor Spreadsheet/Chart

Gday Id,

Just ZIP the file with WinZip or similar and then attach that file. Should work fine,

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal.

Comment

Thanks Intellidepth and NTE, looking forward to having a play with this.
        CB

Comment

Thanks mate - great setup and it works well...how do you cut and paste the chart into say Paint so you can then upload it to Coffeesnobs threads?

Comment

Originally posted by ozscott link=1214989367/0#4 date=1215599142
            Thanks mate - great setup and it works well...how do you cut and paste the chart into say Paint so you can then upload it to Coffeesnobs threads?
            Easy to do if you have Microsoft Office Oz and not just Excel....

In MS Office you should have an image utility called "Microsoft Photo Editor". When you have created the Excel Chart and saved it, etc just highlight/select the Chart and hit the "Copy" Button on the Toolbar.

Open MS Photo Editor and then select "New" from the File Menu and adjust the Image Properties in the small panel that appears, e.g. Image Type - True Colour; Resolution - 96dpi (your monitors resolution); Width and Height - 640 x 480 Pixels; and then hit the OK Button.

Paste the copied Chart into the new image space, adjust the size if necessary but its usually best to leave the pasted image at the original 100% size unless its bigger than the W x H size selected above in which case it would be better to resize this to 800 x 600 Pixels or whatever and then paste the Chart into the larger space.

Once youve got the Chart pasted into the image space, just save it as a JPG file and then resize if needed and its ready to be uploaded into your next CS post. If you have more sophisticated image manipulation tools at your disposal and youre comfortable using them, youd probably be better off using them otherwise MS Photo Editor does an OK job.

Cheers mate ,
            Mal.

Comment

cheers Mal - I couldnt find that program..so i went about it the long way by copying the image into MS Paint and then saving that...then opening the file from its folder and it opens automatically with MS Office Picture Manager and then resizing in that for web pages...and here it is

Comment

this is it as 25 KB....dont know how to get it to save as 1000kb so it would look better

Comment

That looks OK mate 8-).... I just chopped a little bit off the bottom to save on scrolling. Everything looks nice and clear ,

Mal.

Comment

Sorry guys, Ive been so excited with my new Super Leva coffee machine I havent dropped back into this thread.

My take on this is:

1) Copy chart from Excel
                    2) Open MS Office Picture Manager and paste it
                    3) Click on it to select it
                    4) Look at your task pane on the right-hand side - gives you all the options you want to simply export it to a size suited for CS.

My initial suggestion is to export it as a JPG, and keep its size to either Web Large or Web Small. Of course, you can customise every size/export option, for those who are into that sort of stuff...

Comment

Hi guys,

I dont actually have the CS RoastMonitor ware -- can someone tell me whats being stored in the 3rd column? It doesnt seem to be being used in the chart.

Nice work with the chart, BTW, Intellidepth -- it takes special skills to make an Excel chart look good! 8-)

Comment

simone,

If you are refering to the events column, I think it is when the software suggests roast may be out, either too slow or to fast etc. I may be wrong about this, someone may be able to cornfirm.

You can manually input, via the interface, events like first crack, second crack etc.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Simone, the third column stores labels like "Load" "First Crack" etc, activated by the user of the RoastMonitor software as the roast goes along by clicking on a button on-screen during the roast cycle. Its part of the data automatically saved by RoastMonitor.

Youre right: the chart doesnt use them, however I kept that column there as an easy reference for the user to adjust the graphic arrows to the right data point.

Comment

Aha -- figured it would be something like that -- thanks guys

Comment

Thanks for supplying the spreadsheet Intellidepth.
                              Ive tried to create one myself with no luck. This is super.

Cheers
                              Ollie

Comment

Working...
                              X