Where to find DMM Temp Logger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find DMM Temp Logger

Anyone know where i can find a temperature logger suitable for Corretto and CS software?
    Hopefully that wont break the bank.
    Ive not had much luck yet.

Re: Where to find DMM Temp Logger

Gday "cgr"....

I dont think theres anything around at the moment that represents the same value as the QM1538 but the Q1080 listed on this page, probably comes the closest and is compatible with the previous DMMs software, etc. It is dearer though and you have to buy the t/couple in addition to it. Someone else might know of a cheaper alternative.... :-?

Cheers mate,
    Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal. Yeah, the Q1080 is a bit more than i wanted to spend at the moment. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Sadly its 3 times the price!

I have heard from Jaycar that the new range is just around the corner but they cannot give a date yet. **sigh**

Soon I wish!

Comment

Great news Andy. Keep us posted.

Comment

Just bought a digital multimeter with RS-232 interface and logging software for $89.00 out of the specials bin from the Jaycar store at Clayton. These were disappearing out of the store very quickly, suggest you ring your  local Jaycar store to see if they have any left.

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=JQ1290 These were normally $148.00 but these have a cosmetic problem that makes it look like a melted plastic case and the 9V battery is flat. Also check the temperature probe in the box is the appropriate style.

Maybe there will be another model soon if they are flogging off the current shipment on special.

Comment

Im sure I read somewhere these are not compatible with XP (and I would then assume vista). Ill be interested to hear if you can get it going with roast monitor software.

Damian.

Comment

Hi Guys,

You can download the Windows software for the Protek 506 from here... It looks to be Win98 vintage so should run OK in WinXP. As to whether it will work with the CS Roast Monitor software, well, thats another story but all the best with it,

Mal.

Comment

Here was the comment I was referring to: http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=Q1098

But then there looks to be an XP update here: http://www.protektest.com/ProdDnLd.asp?type=SW

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1217676464/0#7 date=1218201028
                    Hi Guys,

You can download the Windows software for the Protek 506 from here... It looks to be Win98 vintage so should run OK in WinXP. As to whether it will work with the CS Roast Monitor software, well, thats another story but all the best with it,
                    Thats the download link (updated Windows version) I posted above Damian.... :

Mal.

Comment

Hi Mal, it is too! I clicked on your link, but it started to download something so I cancelled it, and wasnt quite sure what you put there.

Comment

Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh yet? does not look bad at $86 plus postage
                        http://www.photonage.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=10577
                        Altronics have them for a bit more as well
                        http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=Q1079

Comment

Might be OK "ausdb"....

No guarantee that it will be compatible with the Roast Monitoring Software though mate so might be worthwhile running it by Andy to see if he knows anything about it at all. Could be on a winner 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Nice find Ausdb.

It wont work with the roast monitor software (which is meter specific)

Ill grab one and see if we can get it to work though... stay tuned.

Comment

Cheers, I was toying with the idea of getting one from Altronics as they are local to me and if it didnt work then at least I could box it up again and take it back as "being unsuitable"  

Alternately I wish I had enough electronics experience to find a way of making something like this
                              http://www.oceancontrols.com.au/data_acquisition/templogger_k145.htm
                              that can go up to about 250°C as the multimeter is really just the interface between the thermocouple and the software on the pc and one of these stuck on the back of the laptop would do the job just as well except that the sensors dont go high enough

Comment

Working...
                              X