Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, usually I used my noise to determine when my bean (Dolok Sanggul Coffee/Sumatra) already done... hahaha

Comment

• hey guys and girls . I might sounds like a total newb ( and that's because I will be) I'm looking into the practicality of investing in a behmor and starting to home roast myself , I love the thought of fresh beans to start my day . I try to buy fresh from local roasters and suppliers in my area but why not cut out the middle man and have fun doing it .

My question is , I know I can make small batches for my private use , but if and when I have enough experience to make a few light to dark roasts , if I wanted to give samplers to my caffeinated friends could I vac seal bags for freshness or is the one way valve and a week till beans loose that freshness the best option ?

Comment

• Instead of posting the same thing in multiple threads, try using the search function or thread index to find

topics where your question belongs. Just bombing random threads not relevant to your topic isn't fun for people

who take helping others seriously.

Comment

• Good Morning Chokkidog, Sorry about the multiple posts , I was just unsure on the process involed on the forumns since I have only been here since the end of last week, I also was unsure how ppl go about viewing and was looking forward to some information as I continue my research into expanding my coffee experiences. I ment not to take offence at people that who are there for helping people , I was just trying to be a person that needed help.
          Sorry again mate have a good day
          Regards
          Paul

Comment

• Back from some time away, so into some quick roasting because I had about 150g waiting here - and most went this morning after the espresso abstinence for 2 weeks!

For private consumption - some Christmas Yemen … first time with these beauties so 350g on a baseline ramp

Click image for larger version

Name:	20150110-Yemen-Mocha-25amb-350g-GREEN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	738377 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150110-Yemen-Mocha-25amb-350g-BROWN.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	738378 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150110-Yemen-Mocha-25amb-350g.jpg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	738379

Additional and for friends…

750g of the Bandit (Mex El Tru plus Yirg) baseline ramp, just to 2c…

Name:	20150110-The-Bandit-Mex-Yirg-25amb-750g-BROWN.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	738380 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150110-The-Bandit-Mex-Yirg-25amb-750g.jpg
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	738381

Comment

• … and 750g Columbia Inza, slow ramp and just to 2C.

Name:	20150110-Columbia-Inza-Slow-25amb-750g-BROWN.jpg
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	738382 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150110-Columbia-Inza-Slow-25amb-750g.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	738383

Happy New Year roasting!

Cheers Matt

Comment

• Very yummy looking results there Matt...

Roasting day today for us too.

This time, it's the turn of the "Colombia Cafe Granja La Esperanza Gesha Cerro Azul Grand Crue" that is the last of the beans from my very generous benefactor. Given everything I've been able to find out about this beauty, and not wanting to muck it up, I decided to take it gently and drop just as the first signs of 'blue smoke' started to appear, heralding the imminent start of 2nd-Crack.

Still can't get over the wonderful aroma of these beans as green, even before putting 'em in the Corretto. The beautiful aromas kept on coming too, during the roast and of course at the completion while cooling in the bean cooler. These beauties have really got my taste buds doing the light fandango even before I've bagged 'em up... Thank you, thank you to my generous benefactor...

Anyway, as usual, copy of the roast profile and photos below.

Green weight... 515g
                Roasted weight... 434g
                Moisture loss... 15.73%

Mal.
                Attached Files

Comment

• G'day All...

Can't really add anything to what has already been said and described about this wonderful coffee (above). It is just fantastic coffee in every way. My son and I shared a couple of cuppas made with the AeroPress and we both love it. Thank you...

Mal.

Comment

• Hi all

I'm still using some of my older beans ....
                    Mexico Navan Typica (1kg) + Sulawesi Rante Kapua Torajah (0.5 kg) roasted till just a fraction before SC.
                    Mild earthy aroma, slightly floral, low acidity. Nice as espresso as well as with a bit of milk.

Mike

Comment

• Coffee Roast Day today...

Managed to buy some of the recently available Kenya Naturals AA from BeanBay (thanks Andy).

It's been a long time since I've last roasted some Kenyan coffee and couldn't help but roast some of this straight away. After doing a small sample roast yesterday, thought I would add in a small proportion of Indo beans to help the 'bottom end' of the flavour profile a little (for my palate). Anyway, as with most of my roast batches, took this one to the edge of 2nd-Crack before any snaps actually occurred, then dropped and cooled.

Kenya Naturals AA... 450g
                      Sulawesi Rante Kapua Torojah... 200g

Green Weight... 650g
                      Roasted Weight... 549g
                      Moisture Loss... 15.54%

Profile with photos of completed roast below...

Mal.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• I'm toasting two or three 250 grams batches a week, this week Colombia Excelso, Ethiopia Golobe wild Moka Nature and Blue Mountain, Colombia and Etiopia till 2º crack, BM just before it

Comment

• A number of things running through the roaster including Brazil Yellow Bourbon - but some exceptional Gambella this morning - buttery cocoa with a hint of sultanas … soooo smooth, thick and sweet!

Name:	20150129-Brasil-YB-21amb.jpg
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	738480 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150129-Gambella-21amb.jpg
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	738481

Comment

• I did a blend with the Chinese/Gambella/Sumatran yesterday - looking forward to tasting in a few days. Also did what Andy suggested which was to change the Chinese beans for Elephant.

Both to 2C so darkish using Behmore.

Gil

Comment

• A blend of Indian/Thai bits' pieces from various bags, roasted to a base profile but with a slight faster ramp from Milliards through to 1C - just to see what happens

Pick the Monsoon Malabar! "You shot my Speckled Jim!"

Name:	20150208-Burma-Blend-MMG-IEHP-ThaiCM.jpg
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	738491 Click image for larger version

Name:	20150208-Burma-Blend-MMG-IEHP-ThaiCM-BROWN.jpg
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	738492

Comment

• Originally posted by Dimal View Post
                                Kenya Naturals AA... 450g
                                Sulawesi Rante Kapua Torojah... 200g

Green Weight... 650g
                                Roasted Weight... 549g
                                Moisture Loss... 15.54%
                                This is a very delightful and interesting coffee both through an AeroPress and as various drinks based on espresso...

Has huge body coupled with a snappy, clean acidity and lots of lovely sweetness in a kind of dark Fruit & Nut chocolate sort of way. Finish is very extended and even noticeable after more than a couple of hours. Unfortunately, very hard to stop at just one or two so isn't going to last very long...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                                X