X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theyre back! Aldi large loaf BM on sale 30/04/2009

Might have to get me one of them ;D
    http://www.aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_8093.htm

Maybe Aldi should become a sponser? They must make a bit of money of us Snobs! And I wont feel endangered posting a non-sponser link! :

Re: There back! Aldi large loaf BM on sale 30/04/2009

Until one of the sponsors start selling cheap BMs I would hope your safe

Comment

Has anyone who bought one previously posted back on their performance?

Mal.

Comment

I still havent replaced my coretto so may well bight the bullet and be the guinea pig.

Comment

Good idea TG
          I guess at the end of the day, a BM is a BM is a BM unless of course you plan to modify switches and the like to suit your roasting needs.
          Its really a matter of build quality of the unit.

Just dont let the guinea pig get shot.

Mal

Comment

I still think you are better off looking around op shops etc

I got my Breville BB410 for 30 shekels from the first vinnies I walked into...

Chris

Comment

Ive never had luck looking in op shops and Cash COnverters charge too much.
              Even the bay of evil gives me no luck.
              There are a lot of cheap BMs in VIC but in Sydney they all seem to be two hours drive away and wont post.

I did pick up two last year; one for free and $10 for the other; they both work but they had no bins and of course the bin from mine doesnt fit either. :

Comment

TG,

Im heading that way at some stage today - Ill have a look for you.

Chris

...and I can send it to you easy...

Comment

*Holds breath

Comment

Sorry TG,

Nothing there. Will keep an eye out for you though.

Chris

Comment

Beware with Aldi BM - although they make a pretty nice loaf of bread I think they would require a lot of fiddling to work as a coretto. There is no function that allows a fast start up on the dough making/paddle operation and when it does start it operates at two different speeds, it changes direction and at one point it operates the paddles intermidently.

Comment

Originally posted by 043938560 link=1240470381/10#10 date=1240553776
                        There is no function that allows a fast start up on the dough making/paddle operation and when it does start it operates at two different speeds, it changes direction and at one point it operates the paddles intermidently.
                        Not a problem; I bypassed the circuitry on my last one and just had the motor powered directly.

Comment

Is there an issue if the paddle doesnt go straight into fast mode?
                          My BM pluses the paddle for 5 mins before going into a fast mixing mode and it doesnt really affect the outcome of the eveness of the roast.
                          The only issue i have with the BM is in trying to do a small roast of 300gm because the beans dont move enough i tend to get some of the beans developing the roast quicker than other.
                          I have found for my BM that the optimum roast qty is 500gm

Mal

Comment

Re: Theyre back! Aldi large loaf BM on sale 30/04/2009

Was passing an Aldi today so popped in to see the BM.
                            Its a large loaf size with twin paddles.
                            Instruction book is very minimal so no idea of start/stop times for the different programmes.
                            Looking under the pan showed a part had already come loose. Not a sign of top quality.

Comment

Working...
                            X