Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storing green beans

Hey everyone,

been roasting greens for a little while and was thinking the other day as I sat watching my beans roast- "what is the best way to store my green beans"??
    Is it in a bag with a one way value, heshan bag, an air-tight container, doesnt matter they arent roasted??

ta

Re: storing green beans

Keep them in the cloth bags, in a cool, dry, dark cupboard with some ventilation. The legend is that they keep for 3 years. I dont have any that old yet.

Greg

Comment

thanks Greg, cloth bag- where do you get them from??

Yeah not sure if I either will have any that old, I have a couple kg but they wont last long.

Comment

Originally posted by 5E5E5E505C55555656330 link=1249693179/2#2 date=1249707401
        cloth bag- where do you get them from??
        At beanbay , the cloth bags cost roughly $25-30 with a free 2.5kg of beans

Comment

Or if you are friends with someone who works in a bank, you can also use the calico bags they transport money in.

Comment

are the calico bags $25-30 from the bank too, but do they come full of free money in them?? lol ;D ;D

Comment

I asked at the local ANZ the other day and they told me they dont use calico bags anymore and they cant even order them from stationary.

Comment

You could always use old pillowslips. Thats what we use as a ham bag - I would probably not use the same pillowslip for ham and coffee however.

Comment

Originally posted by 75766565727B170 link=1249693179/6#6 date=1249719478
                  I asked at the local ANZ the other day and they told me they dont use calico bags anymore and they cant even order them from stationary.
                  A few bean bays and youll soon accumulate a supply of them.

This company http://www.claytons.com.au/environmental_calico.html sells calico cash bags. The min order of 1000 ?should? apply to custom printing. If youre happy with plain, they should play ball. Otherwise....just ask 999 friends :P

Epic76

Comment

Originally posted by 142138326667510 link=1249693179/8#8 date=1249721163

This company http://www.claytons.com.au/environmental_calico.html sells calico cash bags.  The min order of 1000 ?should? apply to custom printing.  If youre happy with plain, they should play ball.  Otherwise....just ask 999 friends  :P

Epic76
                    Aldi sell them....Perhaps Andy might consider adding bulk packs of CS bags to beanbay... Alternately, most CS roasters will have a heap and many will probably be only too happy to fill a post pack for you...

Comment

If you are handy with a sewing machine, you could buy a roll of calico from Lincraft.

Comment

TG we dnt even own a sewing machine let alone even knowing how to switch it on.

Does anyone have 2 or 3 BeanBay bags they want to share they they arent using?? : :

Comment

Working...
                        X