Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Bean Club August 09 - Ethiopia Harar Star

OK folks, here we go for the August 09 Bean Club

The July Bean Club thread on Aceh Gajah Mt will remain open indefinitely.

If you havent encountered this before, this is the second session of the Bean Club. It runs a bit like a book club: we vote on a bean which will be the feature Bean of The Month and then we roast, taste and/or comment. You dont have to raost your own to participare. You can comment on roasted beans that you bought from Bean Bay Brown or other sources; you can also comment on similar beans.

Away we go...

Re: CS Bean Club - August

CS Bean Club Poll

The beans listed will be on offer in BeanBay on Tues 11th August. Some may still be available after. The last 5 beans listed in the poll were carried over from July or earlier.

The August Bean Bay thread is here. This includes descriptions of the first 5 beans for sale. Descriptions of the other beans can be found in BeanBay

Poll will be open for a week so cast your votes.

Comment

I know what I want to vote for but have to wait to see if I actually get any!

Harrar! Harrar!

Comment

So, what are people thinking of? I missed out on the bean of the month last month, but would love to get in on this bean club.
        I need to know what to buy. My list was looking like Sumatra Mandheling, Harar Star, maybe some Gambella naturals and why not some Wahgi if Im fast enough.
        Please pipe up if everyone is voting something else so I can buy some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by 0233243D3C3B303D2B520 link=1249854769/3#3 date=1249969057
          I need to know what to buy.
          Well the only way to decide would be to vote; hence the poll at the top of this thread. It means that some people may miss out (especially when a popular or low-supply bean is voted for)

Im leaving the poll open until the end of the week so you can vote on what you have rather than what you like.

A way around this would be to nominate two beans rather than one. I dont see a problem with this. The ultimate goal is to share info on roasting, cupping/tasting and blending

Comment

I would have thought that it would be better to post the poll up at the close of BeanBay, once everyones had a chance to acquire the beans of their choice and put a batch through the roaster???

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 735E5A565B370 link=1249854769/5#5 date=1249982524
              I would have thought that it would be better to post the poll up at the close of BeanBay, once everyones had a chance to acquire the beans of their choice and put a batch through the roaster???
              Im open to suggestions but if we waited until everyone roasted and tried the beans in their order it might be some weeks before some are able to make a decision. The Bean of the Month doesnt have to be the pick of the crop. Just build up a bit of a dosser about the bean.

My original intention of having the poll before BB was to steer intending participants to try to acquire a selected bean.

Comment

Originally posted by 717B6E7979766264170 link=1249854769/6#6 date=1249983209
                My original intention of having the poll before BB was to steer intending participants to try to acquire a selected bean.
                Yes, and maybe create a stampede that allows only a few to grab whats on offer...

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 5A77737F721E0 link=1249854769/7#7 date=1249983794
                  Yes, and maybe create a stampede that allows only a few to grab whats on offer...

Mal.
                  Its ok Mal - I voted for the decaf. ;D

Comment

;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 6C41454944280 link=1249854769/7#7 date=1249983794
                      ..and how is that different to previous BBs?

Originally posted by 6C4D4646415B280 link=1249854769/8#8 date=1249983971
                      Its ok Mal - I voted for the decaf.
                      Good on ya Den. Jokes aside, I think if the Bean Club does take off, it should be a featured bean

Comment

sif there wasnt gonna be a stampede on the harrar and wahgi anyway!

Placed my order and registered my vote.

Comment

Ethiopia Harar Star For me I will get back with some roasting notes in a couple of Day..

Cheers Gra..

Comment

Originally posted by 5F6A79180 link=1249854769/12#12 date=1249990340
                            I will get back with some roasting notes in a couple of Day..
                            Thanks Gra

While the Harar looks the likely candidate, I will keep the poll open for until this Sunday so if you can hold off until tyeh poll is closed?

Comment

Cheers mate

Gra

Comment

Working...
                              X