CS Bean Club - September 09: Nicaragua Dipilto Estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Bean Club - September 09: Nicaragua Dipilto Estate

If you havent encountered this before, this is the third session of the Bean Club.

It runs a bit like a book club: we vote on a bean which will be the feature Bean of The Month and then we roast, taste and/or comment. You dont have to roast your own to participate. You can comment on roasted beans that you bought from Bean Bay Brown or other sources; you can also comment on similar beans.

Re: CS Bean Club - September 09: Nicaragua Dipilto Estate

Cast your votes

Comment

Hey Flynn,

I think these threads are a great idea and would certainly contribute were I back in Oz roasting at the moment!

Keep them going - even if those slackers who vote but fail to post their cupping notes here continue to do so! I do vote, btw, but do so with the intention of finding out about the bean that sounds most interesting. Dunno if that makes me a hypocrite!?

Cheers
      Stuart.

ps. maybe you could post here to remind people on or around the time of the Bean Bay pickups?

Comment

Poll will close on Friday 25th September.

Originally posted by 6562637764627164777862160 link=1253188001/2#2 date=1253188805
        I think these threads are a great idea and would certainly contribute were I back in Oz roasting at the moment!
        Thanks for the vote of confidence. Any contribution would be welcome.

Comment

Keep at it flynn_aus!

I think the Java Washed Grade 1 Robusta lovers boycotted the last CS Bean Club

May the best bean win!

Comment

I voted for the Peru, and Ill post about the bean of the month (assuming its the peru, ethiopian, decaf wow or wahgi that is!) assuming I get my roaster working by then! Unfortunately Im a virgin roaster, so it may not be all that useful, but I figure the more contributors the better, regardless of experience

Comment

just as I was wondering where this months thread is and here we are, thanks flynn_aus! I voted for the Finca Dipilto, but have stock of all the others too and am looking forward to the discussion about whichever bean wins!

Comment

At first was reluctant to vote this month, as I only just got around to posting something for last months, and I do feel like a bit of an idiot trying to provide cupping notes...absolute beginner at this.
                But then FlynnAus has pushed me into it:

Originally posted by 39332631313E2A2C5F0 link=1253188001/3#3 date=1253189147
                Any contribution would be welcome.
                So, Im in again even though my notes will not be very intelligent. (Providing the chosen bean is one I have of course).

Comment

Voted Bolivia mate

Comment

Peru Peru Peru!, i asked for this one in the wishing well last month, and was delighted to find there was some coming this beanbay, love this simple to roast easy to drink bean!

Comment

Originally posted by 3302150C0D0A010C1A630 link=1253188001/7#7 date=1253230252
                      Im in again even though my notes will not be very intelligent.
                      Ye jest. The berry note that was eluding me I found in your description of the Harrar Star: cherry.

Ive voted for Nicaragua Dipilto. Previous roast notes succeeded at 480g FC 11:00, SC 14:00, RSC/pulled 14:35 CS10 (mix of 9-10-11), however this was for a 50/50 blend with the Wahgi. I havent really experimented much on its own at dark and light roast levels, and different grind sizes.

Comment

We interrupt our normal program to provide a progress update. Nicaragua and Peru are 7-all at half-time.

The tried and proven Peruvian Cejas seem to have met their match in the resurgent Nicaraguan Diplitos. The Bolivians have fallen lower on the table and the established crowd favourites from Wahgi and Gambella appear to be out of the running.

Who will win the September Cup(ping)?

Comment

Nicaragua, shes a goodie.......

Comment

Poll closing shortly. Last chance to vote!

Nic has nosed in front thanks to some fancy footwork from across the ditch

Comment

Well - all over bar the roasting

Bean Club Bean of the Month for September is Nicaragua Dipilto Estate

Could a moderator please change the thread title to
                              CS Bean Club - September 09 - Nicaragua Dipilto Estate - thanks.

There were thirty votes so Im expecting 30 reports
                              If you dont yet have this bean, dont worry; theres plenty left in BeanBay.

Obviously some have tried this bean before so Im sure CSers would welcome some notes on previous roasting. Intellidepth has recommended a 50-50 blend of Wahgi + Dipilto

Im looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                              X