Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CS Bean Club November 09 - Colombia Volcan Galeras Supremo + Guatemala Huehetenango

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS Bean Club November 09 - Colombia Volcan Galeras Supremo + Guatemala Huehetenango

Well Im still underwhelmed by the response to the Bean Club. Even though two beans were available for comment last month and the hype behind the Herbie I thought we would double the responses compared to previous Bean Bays.

Re: CS Bean Club - November 09

With the large number of beans available in the BeanBay, well run the top two beans again this month.

Too many beans to fit in the poll so Ive omitted some.

Poll results will remain hidden until after tonights BeanBay. As usual it will run for a week before closing.

Check other Bean Club threads for how theyve run in the past and you can still contribute to them.

Comment

Well that was easy

Only have 2 of those and one I intend to use to blend

Comment

There - visible now.

I didnt participate in this months BeanBay but I have six of them including some Longberry and WeeWee from last time ithey were up for grabs.

Comment

Dont forget to vote: 3 days to go
          <bump>

Comment

Shouldnt the poll stay open for a least a week after "pickup point" delivery so as to give time for those who use them to pickup, roast, rest and taste?

Comment

Originally posted by 6D767F696A671E0 link=1257716438/5#5 date=1257984223
              Shouldnt the poll stay open for a least a week  
              Nope - the poll stays open for a week after creation for people to buy their beans and decide which they would like tio vote for. It will decide which bean(s) will be the focus bean(s) for the month

The thread will stay open indefinitely for people to add roasting and tasting notes about the chosen bean(s). Check other Bean Club threads here

Comment

So your voting on a bean that you THINK might be good
                Too bad if you find out another one is much better or more of a suprise after tasting - the poll has already bean been taken.

Comment

Originally posted by 564D4452515C250 link=1257716438/7#7 date=1257992682
                  So your voting on a bean that you THINK might be good
                  Too bad if you find out another one is much better or more of a suprise after tasting - the poll has already bean been taken.
                  No shawty, they are ALL good - you might just make a hack of it when you roast it or simply not to your personal liking.

I think the purpose is to identify which is most popular and thereby have the opportunity for more input.

Comment

Ok, I sort of get it now???
                    But I still think the poll would be more useful as a voting tool to find out which bean is more popular after tasting.
                    (maybe I dont get it)

Comment

Originally posted by 58434A5C5F522B0 link=1257716438/9#9 date=1257995852
                      But I still think the poll would be more useful as a voting tool to find out which bean is more popular after tasting.
                      And then what? The next offerings will undoubtedly be different. But theres nothing stopping you from creating a different thread and poll to satisfy your curiosity.

Comment

Originally posted by 776C6573707D040 link=1257716438/9#9 date=1257995852
                        Ok, I sort of get it now???
                        To put it simply Shawty, if you have a bean that gets voted on this month roast it, try it and let us know what you thought.

The vote is to only pick a bean (or two) that will be reported on each month. There is no vote for the most popular bean at the end. The most popular beans get written about anyway. Part of the intention about the Bean Club is to get stuff written about the less well-known beans.

As I said, check other threads in the Home Roasting tips board. In particular this one:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1247619572/0#0

which followed from this thread:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1245191328/19#19

Comment

Originally posted by 57767D7D7A60130 link=1257716438/10#10 date=1257996756
                          And then what? The next offerings will undoubtedly be different.
                          Well... the next time that bean comes up in Beanbay I might try some.

Originally posted by 757F6A7D7D726660130 link=1257716438/11#11 date=1257997196
                          The vote is to only pick a bean (or two) that will be reported on each month.
                          Originally posted by 757F6A7D7D726660130 link=1257716438/11#11 date=1257997196
                          Part of the intention about the Bean Club is to get stuff written about the less well-known beans.  
                          I now understand the intentions but fear that the beans with the best reputations would be the ones with the most votes and in turn are the ones reported on.

Comment

Originally posted by 100B0214171A630 link=1257716438/12#12 date=1257997907
                            Well... the next time that bean comes up in Beanbay I might try some.
                            If you buy a bunch of grapes from the supermarket and like them, it doesnt mean youll enjoy the next crop. Coffee is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 74555E5E5943300 link=1257716438/13#13 date=1257998710
                              If you buy a bunch of grapes from the supermarket and like them, it doesnt mean youll enjoy the next crop.
                              If I knew where the grapes came from it would increase my chances of getting something similar rather than not knowing at all.

Wines from certain areas seem to suit different people as well, surely that is a similar situation.

And you never know, Andy might just get some more of a popular bean from the same crop. [smiley=wink.gif]

Comment

Working...
                              X