Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I new member, I would like to know how I can find the profile to roast the beans, I like to try to roaster my coffee. thanks .

Re: profile

Originally posted by 66796D626F6D0C0 link=1299150514/0#0 date=1299150514
    Hi, I new member, I would like to know how I can find the profile to roast the beans, I like to try to roaster my coffee. thanks .
    It would help if you could offer some more information Carlos
    What beans do you have
    What Roaster are you going to use

KK

Comment

Errr, what?

What roasting method are you using? What beans are you using?

Comment

sorry, I have the starter package, peru ceja de selva estate- ethiopian guna limmu-mexico yeni navan typica and png kone ka estate peaberry, I will use corretto roaster with heat gun

Comment

Hi juanca,
          My son loves Ethiopian Guna Limmu so I have roasted a fair quantity of these beans over a few years in my Corretto roaster. Profile is - preheat on low heat for 5 minutes = 40 to 45deg. then start timing and moderate heat to 100 deg at 4 to 4.5 mins, 110 a bit under a minute later then full heat to first snaps of FC around 200deg at about 11 mins, rolling FC about 30 seconds later then back off the heat to achieve a slow steady climb to the first snaps of SC at about 220deg, 3.5 to 4 minutes later and roast colour CS 9/10. Cool as quickly as possible. Cool to touch after about a minute is good.
          Remember that temperatures are relative to your particular equipment and are a guide only, not absolute.
          Good luck and enjoy the journey.
          Alan

Comment

Thanks Alan, I will take your advice and follow your profile. thanks again Carlos.

Comment

Working...
            X