Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heard about an Aussie designed roaster...Corezza / Corezzo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard about an Aussie designed roaster...Corezza / Corezzo?

I probably have the name wrong, but Im sure you know what I mean...

Can anyone direct me to directions on how to set this up, pls? Im poor (sorry, have a tight budget!) so want to pay as little as possible but have really heard some goods things about this system.

Thanks!

PS Im in South Africa, so cant make use of your local stores...

Re: Heard about an Aussie designed roaster...Corezza / Corezzo?

Hi Willy

Do a search of the coffeesnobs website for a corretto and youll find all you need to know.

Cheers

Sniff

Comment

Welcome "WobblyWilly".... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Heres a link to the thread that started the whole thing mate... http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1154442377

Basically consists of a BreadMaker and a Heatgun; the BM for the containment and agitation and the heatgun for the thermal energy. After that, its all up to your imagination and tinkering skills as to what variation of the theme you end up with.

Please come back with photos and a description of how you go; were endlessly curious with how fellow CSers get on with their roasting setups. All the best mate....

Mal.

Comment

Thanks lads!

That looks like some good reading Mal, and I will definitely post piccies if I ever get that far, but I am totally new to roasting, so theres a whole lotta research ahead for me!

Comment

Originally posted by 407875757B6E407E7B7B6E170 link=1302436556/3#3 date=1302459062
          I am totally new to roasting, so theres a whole lotta research ahead for me! 
          While you are doing your research, try this:
          Get an electric popcorn popper, put 90gm of green coffee beans in it, switch on, when beans look the right colour, tip them into a (metal) colander or sieve to cool. Voila, fresh roasted coffee.

lots of us start with poppers, for many good reasons, not least because it is VERY easy/cheap to start. The coretto is the logical next step.

Something to consider anyway...

Comment

I agree with the popcorn maker to start off mainly because of the fun factor and the minimal loss in case the roasting goes away from you (ie burnt beans)
            Better than losing 300gm or more in a coretto.
            Having said that though, if you do want to go straight to a breadmaker set up, get a breadmaker that has a 25 minute plus dough cycle as well as a heatgun that has a variable heat setting so you can sticky tape the gun onto the control panel (credit to Caffeinefreak).
            Constantly check your beans by taking out a few with a wooden spoon before second crack until it reaches the colour you want.

Good luck and we wait for your progress Willy.

Gary at G

Comment

Tell you the truth, we dont use popcorn poppers over here, mates! We put 1cm of oil into Moms favourite pot, stick the lid on and crank up the hotplate...pretty backward, eh?

Even bread makers are going to be hard to find. Im 50 and Ive never heard of anyone I know making their own bread. Were essentially a lazy bunch, but that can work for me because I might well find a cheapy in some charity shop!

Coffee Roasters? HA! Only ones here are those large commercial fellas at around A$12000 plus...

Nope, this is definitely going to be a fun learning curve. Thanks for the early tips, and if you can point me into the path of a tutorial on roasting, Im forever in your debt! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 417974747A6F417F7A7A6F160 link=1302436556/6#6 date=1302537420
                Tell you the truth, we dont use popcorn poppers over here, mates! We put 1cm of oil into Moms favourite pot, stick the lid on and crank up the hotplate...pretty backward, eh? 
                Thats how I do it too...but I bought the popcorn maker specifically for coffee roasting.

Originally posted by 417974747A6F417F7A7A6F160 link=1302436556/6#6 date=1302537420
                Even bread makers are going to be hard to find. Im 50 and Ive never heard of anyone I know making their own bread. Were essentially a lazy bunch, but that can work for me because I might well find a cheapy in some charity shop!
                Theyre easy to find here - everyone seems to buy them thinking they will make their own bread, then gets lazy, and sells it in a garage sale (not sure if you have garage sales in RSA), for $20 or less. Second hand they are very cheap.

Comment

Gday Wobbly

You dont need a bread maker to roast
                  Manual stirring method works just as good and you will need

1 X Heat Gun
                  1 X Stainless Steel Bowl or Pot
                  1 X Whisk - for hand stirring

And you have a coffee roaster

You can also look at my turbo oven design the KKTO as it can be adapted to just about anything including heat gun as the heat source
                  A turbo oven is a round fan forced baking appliance for bench tops   

KK

Comment

KKTO? Second time Ive read about that...

Back to the search pages.

We dont have a garage sale system here, Richard, but there are some charity shops where you dump goods you no longer want and they sell them on behalf of a specific charity - Ill check there. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by 132B2626283D132D28283D440 link=1302436556/9#9 date=1302584786
                      KKTO? Second time Ive read about that...

Back to the search pages. 
                      Lots of reading on this is KKTO  link to the New Version
                      http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1261484678

or on the blog
                      http://koffeekosmo.blogspot.com/

Take particular note on the inbuilt design method to remove chaff

You will also find lots of interesting variations of the theme if you do a search

Eventually you will settle on the best type that suits you

KK

Comment

Thanks, KK!

You Aussies sure are helpful...!

I should have stayed in Sydney when I had the chance...:-(

Comment

Hey Mr Wobbly! I roast with a corretto setup and Im in SA too. PM me if you want to get in touch.

Comment

you have mail!

Comment

Originally posted by 1C24292927321C222727324B0 link=1302436556/11#11 date=1302619065
                              Thanks, KK!

You Aussies sure are helpful...!

I should have stayed in Sydney when I had the chance...:-(
                              If you want to see my How to DIY pictorial build on Google docs of both incarnations of my KKTO roaster just go to this link
                              https://docs.google.com/present/embed?size=l&id=dc5qt26s_0c97xkwgg&pli=1

KK

Comment

Working...
                              X