Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB Temperature Data Logger - RML (Roast Monitor Language)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, so I just tested using that (changed slightly to also write to the alert pane).

Preferences.txt

Code:
    # Plotting interval in milliseconds.
    interval=5000
    0000test.rml

Code:

LOG "Current Elapsed Time is " : M1S_NOW;
    Alert "Current Elapsed Time is " : M1S_NOW;
    ...and it works as I expected. Roast Monitor plots every 5 seconds in both the window and the log file.

What am I missing?

Comment

• No argument - your result is the same as what I saw. It just caught me by surprise as I was trying to figure out RML coding; I hadn't expected that a change in the plotting interval would also change the interval at which the RML code runs. Some RML files I've seen, as best as I can tell, depend on each RML "loop" to represent one second (for countdown purposes). When I changed the interval to 5000 msec, the countdown in the RML code took 5x as long as expected. Not a big deal, just something to be aware of. Thanks for your interest in this.

Comment

• been fiddling around with the rml and i cant seems to load up audio files

16:44:47 Exception: \\windows\media\Windows Exclamation.wav (The network path was not found)
        java.io.FileNotFoundException: \\windows\media\Windows Exclamation.wav (The network path was not found)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at au.com.coffeesnobs.profiler.ar.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

any suggestion? im running on windows 10 64 bits

Comment

• (truncated the old posts to keep the thread readable)

RoastMonitor 2.63 has now been released.Problem was a change between java versions 7 and 8 caused the RML AUDIO statement to fail. This code now supports both versions.

Note:
          Uncompressed WAV files now work fine, the trick here is that some WAV files are actually MP3 (compressed) and they won't play in Java.

How do you tell?
          No easy way in windows but if you upload your WAV files to https://www.metadata2go.com it will show you the codec used. It appears that PCM codec is used by most Windows WAV files and they will work fine in RoastMonitor.

My testing RML was some simple code so holding the tip of the probe will cause a greater than 2 C/min temperature rise and play "Tada" and write the rise rate to the alert pane.

Code:
          IF M1R_NOW > 2
          {
            AUDIO "c:\windows\media\tada.wav";
            ALERT "faster than 2C per minute " : M1R_NOW;
           }

It also appears from initial testing that the simpler file path works now without the more complicated escaping before the backslashes (which is bonus for readability)

Comment

• Great news. Thanks andy. Will download it as soon as possible

Originally posted by Andy View Post
            (truncated the old posts to keep the thread readable)

RoastMonitor 2.63 has now been released.Problem was a change between java versions 7 and 8 caused the RML AUDIO statement to fail. This code now supports both versions.

Note:
            Uncompressed WAV files now work fine, the trick here is that some WAV files are actually MP3 (compressed) and they won't play in Java.

How do you tell?
            No easy way in windows but if you upload your WAV files to https://www.metadata2go.com it will show you the codec used. It appears that PCM codec is used by most Windows WAV files and they will work fine in RoastMonitor.

My testing RML was some simple code so holding the tip of the probe will cause a greater than 2 C/min temperature rise and play "Tada" and write the rise rate to the alert pane.

Code:
            IF M1R_NOW > 2
            {
              AUDIO "c:\windows\media\tada.wav";
              ALERT "faster than second crack per minute " : M1R_NOW;
             }

It also appears from initial testing that the simpler file path works now without the more complicated escaping before the backslashes (which is bonus for readability)

Comment

Working...
            X