Behmor 1600 with peru and mexican organic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor 1600 with peru and mexican organic

Hi, just did my first ever roast with a behmor..1st up was 225g of Peru MCM organic on 1/2 P2 B , 11 mins to 1C and didnt make 2C by cooling, Cs6..
    2nd up was the Mexican Altura organic 225gm on 1/2 p2 B with 1 min extra time added got 1C but again didnt get 2C, CS7.. Can anyone tell me if the organics need to go to a 2C. I think they are a lighter roast normally?? thankyou..

Re: Behmor 1600 with peru and mexican organic

Peru

Comment

Firstly let me state Im no expert but those beans look under-roasted. They would probably taste quite grassy. I cant comment on particular beans requiring different levels of roasting yet but Id try and either drop the roast size to 200g and keep the 1/2 pound roast or increase it to 350g and use a 1P roast size. Here is a thread I started a little while back that may be of interest
      http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1310385520

Good luck - its great fun and very satisfying when the results are good. When the results arent so good...you just paid for some experience!

Comment

thanks for your feedback, pretzal..

Comment

try using the 1lb roast setting
          that way once your beans get to the required roast depth you can just cool the roast immediately with next to no chance of under roasting them

all my roasts now I use 280gm of greens and use the 1lb setting, almost all my roasts I cool before the cycle is done

Comment

I have never used the P2, because it is tricky to get the power drop to occur at the right time. To simplify my life, I roast 12 ounces (315 grams) on the 1 pound setting, and I almost always use P3.

10 seconds after first crack gets started, I open the door for 30 seconds to slow down the roast. Then I close the door and roast for 72 seconds longer, then I press COOL. Some beans need 10 to 20 more seconds - based on tasting the coffee after 3 days rest.

After 45 seconds of the cooling cycle, I power OFF the Behmor. I quickly remove the drum, and dump the beans into an external bean cooler. Then I press COOL again to let the Behmor cool down.

Comment

Working...
            X