Midnight Coffee Roasting! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Coffee Roasting! :)

Time for another midnight coffee roasting!

Is it just me or are there others that seems to be finding themselves roasting around the midnight hours??

Just roasted 300g of Indian AA to just after 2nd crack. Im finding Im mostly roasting around this time lately and on weekends. Its starting to become a habit. :-?

Re: Midnight Coffee Roasting!

Im guessing youre using the popper?!?

Im pretty sure my neighbors would kill me if I fired up the coretto at midnight.. clank clank clank...(for the first 2 mins) then rururururururururururururururururururururururururu rururur then to top it off, the leaf blower cooler rig which sounds like a small jet engine firing up.

Comment

Corretto roasting not the popper. Neighbors have not made any complaints so far but I suppose we arent in units and these older houses are double bricked. ;D I dont have a leaf blower cooler, just an exhaust cooler.

Comment

I havent resorted to midnight roasts but early morning or early evening is the norm for me. I always make sure there is a breeze blowing to dissipate the smoke and aromas as quickly as possible, no problems from neighbours so far

Comment

I almost always roast late at night. In fact I just finished (Its almost half past 2 in the morning here.) doing up 4 batches in the Gothot. I roast indoors with commercial equipment and the sound of the exhaust vent is barely discernible standing right next to it so I dont worry about noise being a problem for the neighbors.

Java "Midnight roasters of the world unite!" phile
          Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

I often roast late at night but, as I roast outside, its starting to become a bit chilly. A warm jacket and a beanie are definitely required!

Greenman, I guess you have a large yard as the 2kg Torrefatore would emit quite a bit of smoke Ill bet.

Comment

I have been doing a few late night roasts with the corretto. I do it inside the garage to isolate the sound, and crack the garage doors a bit to let the wind waft the smoke out. My issue is my garden vac bean cooler, its NOISY!! I need to have a back up quieter and slower cooler.

Cheers

Comment

How much are you roasting per batch to need a garden vac/leaf blower cooler? I find my little household exhaust fan in a bucket together with a large perforated aluminum tray as a heat sink works well taking around 2 minutes to cool...I only roast 300gm batches though.

Anyone roasting tonight?

Comment

Around 600-650g green. It cools the beans very quickly, havent timed it but they are cool enough to touch in say 15 -30 secs?

When I started roasting all info I read said to cool as quickly as possible, so at the time a $10 blower vac seemed like an easy and effective way. Probably over kill in hind sight.

Cheers

Comment

Seeing as I do most of my roasting around midnight that will wake up the neighbours...or more importantly my wife!  ;D

Yep, my beans are cool to touch (around 36 to 40 degrees) in around 1 minute.  2 minutes and its basically almost room temp.

Comment

About to do a 300g roast of some interesting arabica beans from Vietnam.  Im told it has some definite cocoa.  Good looking beans but dont know much about it.  It was a chance purchase as I was digging a local roaster for some green beans with cocoa characteristics...he only brought this in 6 weeks ago and was experimenting with it himself.

Not quite a midnight roast but a late night roast. 

Comment

Im guilty of midnight roasting, just roasted 2 bags an hour earlier. Eth Sidamo and Costa Rica Tarrazu

Comment

Originally posted by 06090E130F04610 link=1338303665/11#11 date=1338992438
                          Eth Sidamo

Mmmmmmmmm Sidamo…

Comment

So who's roasting tonight? 400g of Uganda Kisoro AA about to go in the corretto

Comment

Midnight Roasting on Father's Day anybody? 1kg of Indian A and 800g of Ethiopian Djima.

Comment

Working...
                              X