Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one sells popcorn makers anymore?

Hey Guys,

I've been looking for a popcorn maker so I can start roasting at home. I've looked at Target, Big W, Kmart, and Harris Scarf. I haven't been able to find any popcorn makers!
    I'm thinking i might get this one from ebay: Link removed as per CS's posting policy.
    Unless anyone has any more ideas to look locally?

Thanks
    Last edited by Javaphile; 10 July 2012, 11:44 PM. Reason: eBay link

I think they come and go, dancing in time with cargo ships arriving from PRC. Wait a couple of weeks and they'll probably be all over the place.

I certainly wouldn't pay $43 for one. Have you checked the $2 shops or OP shops near you ?

Comment

time consuming i guess but they pop up in garage sales .

Comment

yeah, op shops and garage sales, I see them all the time as well as breadmakers

Comment

Found one at the first garage sale i looked at . beginners luck

Comment

I had the same problem last year.
            Their supply seems to be seasonal. A few months they will be everywhere again.

I got one from a Cash Converters for $10.

Comment

Ah well, thanks guys! I did end up ordering the one from ebay for $43
              I figured I should make the money back anyway. Plus internet shopping is so easy!

Comment

I bought mine from Target.
                The shop assistant checked the computer and had one transfered from another store. Took about 3 days. $18.00

Comment

Try Myer, I had the same experience. Myer should have Cornelius near icecream makers.

Comment

aldi should have them also got one recently from target. Definitely seasonal winter

Comment

Was walking past Sam's Warehouse in Southport. They had a dozen or so on the shelves for $20. There was a whole range of small appliances under the same brand so I don't think they consider them any different from toasters or donut makers.

Comment

I got mine from the Good Guys in their discount bin, also paid less, because I paid cash.....

Comment

I got 2 from Crazy Clarks a few weeks back: $20 bucks each - cute red fellas with no safety cutoff so they get nice and toasty :-)
                          (the second one I bought is for popcorn until my primary roaster popper breaks).
                          The only problem I've found is that the cup attachment at the top breaks quickly (due to heat) and you have to use a saucer or something similar instead.

Last time I looked they still have stock, if you don't have Crazy Clarks in your neighbourhood, Sams Warehouse or other Australian Retail Adventures owned stores may also have them.

edit: meant to say they are "Casera" brand in case you see them advertised online somewhere.
                          Last edited by Findzem; 26 July 2012, 12:20 PM. Reason: additional details added

Comment

Originally posted by Findzem View Post
                            The only problem I've found is that the cup attachment at the top breaks quickly (due to heat) and you have to use a saucer or something similar instead.
                            For coffee roasting - ditch all the plastic that mounts on top and custom fit a tin-can chimney. It won't survive long. Grab a used 400-440gm can. Chop off bottom too. Make 6 (or 8) 2-3cm cuts evenly spaced around the rim of one end to make 3 (or 4) tabs. Fold every 2nd up, fit into popper and it will hold in place as a chimney. The favoured one mentioned in earlier threads was a tuna or salmon from memory. I personally preferred a baked bean can. It sorta threatens the greens to agitate.

For popcorn - can't help sorry.

Comment

I had to really hack into this one to cool it down

1200w is too much, but with a big floor fan mounted above it is working now
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X