Loving coretto roasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loving coretto roasting

Thanks to Bcspark kindly passing on his Breville BB420 bread maker I have upgraded from a (highly modified) popcorn popper to a Corretto.

I'm really happy with the results. the batch size is great and the aroma coming off the beans is fantastic.

TO DO:
    Add a clamp for the heat gun
    Add a temperature probe

Updates to follow.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Robnel82 View Post
    Thanks to Bcspark kindly passing on his Breville BB420 bread maker I have upgraded from a (highly modified) popcorn popper to a Corretto.

I'm really happy with the results. the batch size is great and the aroma coming off the beans is fantastic.

TO DO:
    Add a clamp for the heat gun
    Add a temperature probe

Updates to follow.
    Looking good. Have any better photos of the roast result? It looks very similar to mine, in that the pan is quite long. Unlike most which are more square. But that just means I have to use larger batches. What size batch did you roast?

Comment

looks like my roaster. I took the lid off and use a ceramic floor tile to regulate pan temps. heatgun is on a camera tripod. I drilled my thermocouple from the bottom so I can pull the pan out without destroying the probe.

Big success with 600gm loads. Hates less than 400gm loads (beans fly out everywhere with this little inside).

good luck! there's more on my blog about my roaster

*edit, i use the 'manual' setting on the bread maker, turning everything off except kneed #2 (mix) for 20min. I see your heatgun is the same as mine too, it's not bad, and when you get better at it, you can adjust the HG instead of the cover of the pan (or both).

I've learned that retaining heat in that thing makes for a more even and consistent roast.
      Last edited by JamesM; 20 August 2012, 05:27 PM. Reason: more info added

Comment

I'll post a 100%crop of the beans from the above image soon.

The very first roast I did was a 600g batch, which went very well. I have been roasting 400g batches lately, which suits the volume of coffee we consume on a weekly basis, and seems to be a good mass.

I've found a mount for the heat gun, I'll give it a test this weekend.

Comment

Working...
        X