Roasting for Syphon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasting for Syphon

How far are people taking their roast for syphon?

Re: Roasting for Syphon

usually just into rolling first crack

Comment

Originally posted by greenman View Post
      usually just into rolling first crack
      Rolling first crack??? I've never had a palatable coffee that was pulled before the completion of first crack with most not loosing the grassy flavor until halfway to 2nd crack.

For syphon most people seem to prefer a lighter roast than with espresso with most beans hitting their sweet spot somewhere in the range of halfway between 1st and 2nd crack and the onset of 2nd crack.

Java "Cracking out the roasts" phile
      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Re: Roasting for Syphon

comments noted Java, I will take it further next time and see how I go
        haven't had the syphon long so any helpful info is appreciated:thumbup::thumbup:

Comment

Just picked up my syphon today ( Hario 5 cup ) I roasted some PNG wahgi just into rolling FC two days ago put it through the syphon this afternoon and got quite a nice result for the first go,sweet with a nice creamy texture

Still no where near as nice as the Sidamo I had through Greenmans syphon at a previous green bean pick up

I will take my next roast a bit further also and see how that works,

Will try a african next to I think

Thanks for the feedback Guys.

Comment

Currently going just after the end of FC by 20-30 seconds. The bit leading up to FC and during has a large impact on the result too not just the end point

Some beans you will find simply don't work well for Brew or Siphon Method either.

Comment

Working...
            X