Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Advice Sought] Brewing for Filter coffees

Esteemed coffee snobs and gurus,
    I was hoping I could get a little input on how I should approach roasting for filter coffees (e.g. Pour over)
    Honestly, I rarely ever drink this style of coffee because it just doesn't give me the same joy as espresso based coffee
    So I don't even know what I should be trying to emphasize in the bean when roasting for filters...

I enjoy having my espresso with a fairly big hit of acid and roast accordingly...
    so when I brew with the chemex or aeropress, the coffee is moer bright than my family would like...
    From the bits and pieces that I've heard/read, I've gathered that people say that filter coffess favor a lighter roast...
    correct me if i'm wrong, but I always assumed that a lighter roast would lead to more acidic coffee...

It would be great if anyone could guide me with the:
    1.roast depth
    2.roasting time (stretching out time to FC etc...)
    3.resting period
    4.generally what people are looking for when drinking filter coffees

I've tried searching for previous threads to no avail...
    so I really appreciate any guidance you guys can offer
    CHEERS!

[QUOTE=pernguin; It would be great if anyone could guide me with the:
    1.roast depth
    2.roasting time (stretching out time to FC etc...)
    3.resting period
    4.generally what people are looking for when drinking filter coffees
    CHEERS![/QUOTE]

Hello pernquin, I would not even begin to offer you advice on this subject !.

But at least some of your questions are answered here :- Stretchin' Out the Roast: Part 1 | Sweet Maria's Coffee Library

here Stretchin' Out the Roast pt. 2 | Sweet Maria's Coffee Library and Stretchin' Out the Roast pt. 3 | Sweet Maria's Coffee Library

Cheers, Leo.

Comment

Working...
    X