Weight after roasting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight after roasting

Just interested what the average weight of 1kg of green beans after they have been roasted.

Cheers

Depends on how dark you take the roast, I usually lose about 16%. This on Google Roasting - The Coffee Wiki

Comment

Hiya

I do 1 kg lots in my Garanti and I lose 10 to 15 % roughly. I used to record the weight loss but I don't bother anymore.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by speleomike View Post
        Hiya

I do 1 kg lots in my Garanti and I lose 10 to 15 % roughly. I used to record the weight loss but I don't bother anymore.

Mike
        10% seems very low to me... unless you're only roasting to the very first hint of 1st crack

Comment

15%-18% depending on the roast depth etc

Comment

Over the last dozen or so roasts I've done on a behmor, I've had between a 15 and 18 percent weight loss, with an average of 16.2% (These are on roasts that are usually around 300g of greens).

Comment

I typically roast 300g batches and they're usually ~250g when they come out, so approximately 16%.

Comment

Hi all

Exact figures here:

Ethiopian Limu 1.0 kg to 0.808 kg = 20% loss
                PNG Wahgi 1.065 to 0.885 = 15% loss
                Cuban Altura 1.0 to 0.8 kg = 20% loss
                Indian Monsoon Malabar 1.0 to 0.814 = 19% loss

So yes Vinitasse is correct, sorry about my 10%, it's too low. I looked back over my notes so it looks like 15% to 20% is normal. I take my beans to just the start of SC.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X