Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting green beans in Singapore

hi all,

does anybody know how to get quality green coffee beans in Singapore. I have just arrived in Singapore (from Europe) and the usual website where I used to buy my beans from (sweetmarias) does not ship to Singapore. Any good local shop or website willing to ship to Singapore?

Cheers!

Hi Alekk,

Hasbean from the UK ship anywhere. I've never tried their greens, but their roasted beans (all of which are available in green form) were uniformly very good when I purchased them in the UK. Not sure how economical it will be though. Can't post a link to their site, but you won't have trouble finding it. You'd think there must a 'more local' source though.
    Cheers
    BOSW

Comment

Hey Alekk,

I have recently been in a similar situation to you in Finland and had a bit of a rough time getting started. I started off getting greens shipped from Denmark which was pricey as hell, then Germany which was much cheaper but worse quality and recently I went to a small roastery in Helsinki and while he didn't advertise greens, he did sell them at a reasonable price. My advice is get in contact with a small roastery and they are often more than happy to supply them. I didn't find one roastery here that didn't sell them and only 1 of them actively advertised.

Send some emails and lucky for us the coffee aficionados of the world are very accommodating. Good luck!

EDIT: Just found this thread: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/general-co...resources.html

Comment

Thanks, it seems like it is finally not impossible to get some green beans, locally!

Comment

Hi Alek, I've sent you a PM on places to get green beans from.

Comment

Originally posted by irrelevancy View Post
            Hey there, all the way in Singapore. Did you manage to get your hands on green beans? Appreciate a heads up as I am stuck in Singapore too!

- Joel

Comment

Originally posted by joelboh View Post
              Hey there, all the way in Singapore. Did you manage to get your hands on green beans? Appreciate a heads up as I am stuck in Singapore too!

- Joel
              Hi, Joel. I 've PM u some places for green bean

Comment

Fantastic, will check them out, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nobuta View Post
                  Hi, Joel. I 've PM u some places for green bean
                  Hi,

I would appreciate if you could also PM me the places.... thanks

Steven

Comment

Hello. I encounter the same issue w green beans supply in SG. If you could kindly PM me some hints it would be most appreciated!
                    cheers!

Comment

This event might be worthwhile

ABOUT US | The Singapore Coffee Festival

Comment

worth going I agree.
                        any ideas on green beans? tried many artisan roasters to no avail. I have a source but not too enthused. Bit of a shame.

Comment

Green beans supplier

Originally posted by irrelevancy View Post
                          Hi could you also PM me the list of places to get green beans in Singapore?

Comment

Working...
                          X