Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to place thermocouple for Corretto roaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to place thermocouple for Corretto roaster?

Anyone have any advice on this?

Additionally, where should I put the exhaust? I just cut another hole in the top and it seems to work fine.

Thanks!

G'day mate...

Probably try to put it the furthest point away from the Heatgun entry point; from the point of view of air circulation...

Mal.

Comment

From the trawling I've done of setup pictures most that are drilling are going in from the side. I'm wondering if anyone has tried up from the bottom? I'm thinking a short stainless one mounted in the floor of the external BM housing that protrudes up into the bean mass. Making the pan hole big enough so the probe doe not touch the pan. This way you don't have to pull it when you pull out the pan to dump the beans and the readings are a lot more consistent from roast to roast with there being no change in probe position. Anyone tried it or have thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywoo View Post
        From the trawling I've done of setup pictures most that are drilling are going in from the side. I'm wondering if anyone has tried up from the bottom? I'm thinking a short stainless one mounted in the floor of the external BM housing that protrudes up into the bean mass. Making the pan hole big enough so the probe doe not touch the pan. This way you don't have to pull it when you pull out the pan to dump the beans and the readings are a lot more consistent from roast to roast with there being no change in probe position. Anyone tried it or have thoughts?
        The paddle is designed to sweep the bottom of the pan and as close to the edges. Without checking my old setup I would think the clearance of the corners may mean the probe will be too close to the corner walls, but I've had a few times bending my probe in the haste of trying to dump the beans so worth a check. Can't remember what else underneath might be interference.

Comment

Yes, good point. Maybe a slot in the paddle... I think I'll put some green beans in and get the paddle moving to see how they move about and where they accumulate the most.

Comment

With a slot in the paddle but thermocouple still coming in from underneath you would be at risk of jamming the paddle between beans/thermocouple.

I have run my thermocouple in from the side through a small drilled hole in the breadmaker wall and pan. I don't bother removing the thermocouple then pan to dump the beans; I just have my cooling tray next to the breadmaker and pick the whole breadmaker up, tipping it on it's side, dumping the beans into the tray.

Hell of a lot less trouble than pulling out thermocouple then removing pan (saves burning fingers too).

Sean

Comment

Working...
            X