My first popper roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first popper roast

Well I was in the door less than half an hour before I took the green beans down to the shed to complete my coffee snob metamorphosis. Went smoother than expected and will try and wait to taste it before trying some more.. Started with 78g and finished with 64g First crack @ 3 : 08 through to 5 : 00, stopped the heat at 7 : 00ish.
    Forgot to set up the fan beforehand so took me a little messing about to cool them.

still figuring how i can upload the pics from my phone.

Comment

Welcome to the journey CW
      Look forward to hearing how you go with the first batch!
      Cheers Matt

Comment

this is the 1250w popper im using. no idea how old it is, been at the back of the cupboard forever and can't remember ever making popcorn with it

also at this stage it looks like the chimney doesn't add any benefit . did a batch without it and was around the same time as the other

my ghetto bean cooler using a sieve over the tin and stirring with an air mattress inflater providing the air flow.
        worked well, cooled my 80g batches in about 90 secs

also a pic of my $2 knock box

and where the magic happens.

Comment

Originally posted by DesigningByCoffee View Post
          Welcome to the journey CW
          Look forward to hearing how you go with the first batch!
          Cheers Matt
          waited two days before caving and tasting what i had roasted on Thursday. wasn't much left on account of the fact the my 2 year old decided to try and feed some to the cat

tasted as expected based on the darkness of the beans. the ones a did today i stopped much lighter, (about a minute shorter)

Comment

Working...
          X