Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contract Roasters in Sydney???

Hello,
    Hoping for some suggested contract roasters within Sydney. Any recommendations?
    I am looking at creating a roasted blend as a side project and testing the market.
    Look forward to some feedback.

Originally posted by Mads View Post
    Hello,
    Hoping for some suggested contract roasters within Sydney. Any recommendations?
    I am looking at creating a roasted blend as a side project and testing the market.
    Look forward to some feedback.
    I hope you don't mind my asking but what skill-set and/or experience will you be drawing upon to create such a blend? Just asking because in order to achieve any kind of market penetration at all you better be able to present something very different, much better and more affordable.

Comment

Hiya

As you are in Engadine then maybe contact Dennis (username cuppacoffee) as he is in the southern suburbs of Sydney.
      He might be able to give you some advice and might do some commercial roasting for you. He is an experienced commercial roaster, you can probably lookup some of his posts in this forum.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by speleomike View Post
        Hiya

As you are in Engadine then maybe contact Dennis (username cuppacoffee) as he is in the southern suburbs of Sydney.
        He might be able to give you some advice and might do some commercial roasting for you. He is an experienced commercial roaster, you can probably lookup some of his posts in this forum.

Mike
        Dennis closed cuppacoffee quite some time ago and moved on. He's GM for a biggish mob in coffee and I don't think he gets much time at the roaster these days.

Comment

Nice to know. Hope he's doing well.
          Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
          Dennis closed cuppacoffee quite some time ago and moved on. He's GM for a biggish mob in coffee and I don't think he gets much time at the roaster these days.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone, appreciate it.
            I agree with the suggestion about having a unique offering, given such a competitve market. I understand the the challenge going head to head against strong market leading brands, certainly need to have something very special to offer in order to make any impact.
            Within my business we have 1300 employees, already have interest for over a hundred to trial my roast. I was planning on using this group as feedback to continue to finese. This roasting path is stemming from years of a home roasting and deep passion for coffee, also shared with a business colleague. Now want to test the market and see where it leads. A side project that hoping to lead to a career path.
            Wish me luck :-)

Comment

Good luck Mads

Comment

Working...
              X