Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottop B Roaster and Decaf Bean Profiles

Hi all

I am a complete newbie to roasting, but am about to get my feet wet. I am seriously thinking of buying the Hottop B with bean probe and data logging additions.

I am a little different to most, as I only drink decaf (on my Rancilio Sylvia and Rocky). I have searched for a good decaf for over 10 years in a variety of countries and surprisingly (for me) have found a very decent roast from Noosa ... Clandestino's Mexican Mountain Water Decaf beans. I will be heading overseas again in the next 6-12 months and will not be able to order their coffee due to prohibitive postage costs. I've decided to bite the bullet and learn how to roast my own decaf coffee.

As I have no experience, I was hoping that someone who also roasts decaf might be kind enough to post a roasting profile for the Hottop B. I was hoping to have a base profile from which I could experiment from, as I've read that decaf can be a bit tricky. I've downloaded the Hottop B manual, which has a profile and also read posts from forum members where they have posted successful profiles ... I just haven't seen a decaf profile yet.

I realise that this is a big ask, as people have spent quite a lot of time perfecting their roasts and understand, if they would prefer to keep them private.

In any case, any suggestions or advice about any aspect of my situation, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and all the best

gav

Decaf Profiles

Hi all

I've had my Hottop B for nearly four weeks now and am enjoying it greatly. Being a dedicated decaffeinator, it was a little difficult to get information on the roasting process or specific profiles. I am just a newbie roaster, but thought I'd share the process and some profiles for anyone else in a similar position.

All the best

gav
    Attached Files

Comment

The Lazy Decaf Roast

This is a roast that I really like and would recommend to anyone with the Hottop B roasting Mexican Mountain Water Decaf beans ... it basically roasts itself and is delicious.

For anyone into decaf roasting, I have a blog going that is documenting the whole process - from setup to roasting. If it's not okay to post the link, moderators please let me know:
      Despicable Decaf
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X