Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Blue Mountain Geisha" Roast in Behmor..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Blue Mountain Geisha" Roast in Behmor..

As a Chrissy present (to myself) I bought a Kilo of this (mmmm) But i really don't want to experiment with it too much. I drink a 2xexpresso. Has anyone got any tips on the profiles I should be using in the Behmor.
    Thanks

Mark

No but I look forward to other responses as I'm in a similar boat.

Comment

A quick search on this bean, " Colombia Esperanza Gesha Behmor":

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/cup-tastin...tml#post547187

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Smith View Post
        I drink a 2xexpresso.

Not sure that this bean is worthy of an "expresso" or whatever a "2x" one is! ;-)

Comment

Thank you.. checked out the other thread. It is In the roaster Now ..Why am I sitting here ?

Comment

Keep it light! Btw, Cerro Azul Geisha is the common name for this - coffee snobs tend not to translate farm names as they'd get very confusing if every farm was anglicisied - i.e. Jamaica Blue Mountain and Columbia Blue Mountain would be hard to tell apart verbally.

For the roast profile, I don't know much about the Behmor in particular, but I'd probably preheat and use a gentle but steady ramp-up, then drop the heat a bit and coast toward second crack, pulling just before the first snaps of second (at the latest). Cool ASAP, external cooler would be my suggestion.

Comment

Working...
            X