Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasting With Behmor

Hi

Having completed several roasts so far (newbie)

Enjoy the India Elephant & PNG Waggi blend as an expresso flat white. (Possibly a little bland )

However I am having trouble with these which seem to have a sour taste as extracted as black

Peru Cafe Selva
    Ethopian Yirgacheffa

How could I fix that?

Also Costa Rica Santa Elena have a bitter taste as extracted.

Any advice would be appreciated

Gil

Originally posted by GilR View Post
    Enjoy the India Elephant & PNG Waggi blend as an expresso flat white. (Possibly a little bland )

However I am having trouble with these which seem to have a sour taste as extracted as black

Peru Cafe Selva
    Ethopian Yirgacheffa
    How could I fix that?
    Also Costa Rica Santa Elena have a bitter taste as extracted.
    Try bagging your roasted beans in a 1-way valve bag and letting them rest in a cupboard for a while. How long depends on your taste but I find nearly all my roasts are best rested for 10-12 days.

Also, make sure you aren't roasting too light.

Comment

thank you for your reply. I will do it as only been 3- 4 days

Comment

I have just enjoyed an Elephant Hills roasted as 100gm on P3 C 5 days ago and rested. I found it smoother than the P2 B that I roasted at the same time and which I tried yesterday. Will let them both rest a little more for further tastes.
        I am experimenting with the grind to get a dose and delivery speed that works through the E61 head.
        I am noticing that grind is a lot more static - compared with a commercial roast - in and around the chute of my grinder.
        ** Any explanations about the static appreciated.

Comment

Working...
        X