Clear All

• Behmor Plus

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439807563.392867.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	379.9 KB
ID:	757866

Thanks, Andy!

Roasting 200g IEH after carefully reading manual and 100g Start and a beautiful, oily CSBurnt (2 crack was mesmerising to listen to and ... Whoa!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439807781.678831.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	757868

200g @ P3 RS @ FC then cool directly after RFC. 30g loss to vapour (net 169g)

We'll try it through the Hario on Friday. Thanks for the speedy shipping - it's a great little machine and the shed smells fantastic.

Nice work Sprezzatura. I've been reading and watching in the shadows of everyone home roasting getting great results and enjoyment for a long time now. I think it's time I took the plunge and jump on this bandwagon too, time to step up my coffee game. Get ready for another Behmor order Andy

Comment

Thanks, Andrew - it's a fun little machine. I'll post images of some of my batches.

I really like the internal light in the Behmor - it's cool watching the roast progress!

Cheers,

Comment

Which shipping option did you use? I'm a lil confused on which one to pick?

Comment

I believe it was AusPost. With tracking. I ordered the Behmor Wednesday arvo and exchanged email with Andy, paid EFT to CS account and the roaster arrived today at about 1500 ( I'm near Bundaberg, Qld.).

Comment

Just got an email saying it's been shipped and on its way. Pretty excited, hope it arrives before the weekend

Comment

Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
              [ATTACH]10260[/ATTACH]

Thanks, Andy!

Roasting 200g IEH after carefully reading manual and 100g Start and a beautiful, oily CSBurnt (2 crack was mesmerising to listen to and ... Whoa!)
              Even on commercial roasters you can fall into that hypnotic trance.

It's good you "toasted" a roast, it only cost you 200g of beans and now you know what too far is... and why you don't need to go there again.

[ATTACH]10262[/ATTACH]

200g @ P3 RS @ FC then cool directly after RFC. 30g loss to vapour (net 169g)

We'll try it through the Hario on Friday. Thanks for the speedy shipping - it's a great little machine and the shed smells fantastic.
              Great looking roast there!

That should come-up a treat but I wouldn't wait till Friday to find out... grind some now and try it. Leave some beans to try in a couple of days and compare your tasting notes. Don't get hung-up on what others say about the rest times, you really need to find your own preferences and you can only do that by trying it. Many times I've walked from the roaster to the grinder and the results 'aint that scary... it does change over the coming days but it's drinkable early too depending on roast depth, brewing method and your own tastes.

There are plenty of CS'rs who love filter pour-overs really young.

Enjoy the roasting journey ahead.
              (you too CaffAndrew)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post

It's good you "toasted" a roast, it only cost you 200g of beans and now you know what too far is... and why you don't need to go there again.

Great looking roast there!

That should come-up a treat but I wouldn't wait till Friday to find out... grind some now and try it. Leave some beans to try in a couple of days and compare your tasting notes. Don't get hung-up on what others say about the rest times, you really need to find your own preferences and you can only do that by trying it. Many times I've walked from the roaster to the grinder and the results 'aint that scary... it does change over the coming days but it's drinkable early too depending on roast depth, brewing method and your own tastes.

There are plenty of CS'rs who love filter pour-overs really young.

Enjoy the roasting journey ahead.
                (you too CaffAndrew)
                Thanks! I'll try some tomorrow- roasted another 200g this evening and it looks similar (had a little tipping with Monday's 200g batch) but without any tipping.

The programs are amazingly accurate: they really dialled that aspect into the roaster. I may play with a manual batch tomorrow after work.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                  A little too much of the Zen!

In my grinder over the next few days.... roast number 19 from Wednesday last week.

A little too much Zen........ ( but thankfully not over roasted )

Comment

...in my garden at the Snobbery, 15kg of roast #22 for the day @11pm Sunday night (getting close to 3rd crack and off the CS scale)
                    It was my last roast for the day.... or so I thought.

It really does happen to all of us but thankfully not often!

Comment

My behmor arrived today, very happy I can play with it over the weekend. I have one question. It doesn't matter what profile (P1-P5) setting I select it always shows 8.30mins for 100g 12mins for 200g and 18mins for 400g. It says in the manual it should change the time according to what profile setting I choose but this it not the case. I can manually adjust the roast time with the + And - buttons to adjust it where it should be according to the manual for the selected profile and weight but it will not do it automatically. Is this normal?

Comment

Are you: Select 200g/P3/Start for example?

Comment

My last was 400g/P3/C/Start I believe. Did you select power setting (240VAC) at set up?

Comment

Other than that I'm not sure

Comment

Originally posted by CaffeinatedAndrew View Post
                              My behmor arrived today, very happy I can play with it over the weekend. I have one question. It doesn't matter what profile (P1-P5) setting I select it always shows 8.30mins for 100g 12mins for 200g and 18mins for 400g. It says in the manual it should change the time according to what profile setting I choose but this it not the case. I can manually adjust the roast time with the + And - buttons to adjust it where it should be according to the manual for the selected profile and weight but it will not do it automatically. Is this normal?
                              Normal.

The weight selects the time, the P1-P5 select how it will apply heat during that profile and the ABCD are variations on the P1-P5 profiles and will adjust the time (from memory... I don't have a roaster in front of me).

If you have read the manual then stop reading it. ;-)

Try this:

200g of the Indian Elephant AA that came with the roaster

P1
                              [Start]
                              When you hear first crack press [C]

Should be pretty close to what you want.
                              If for some reason the [C] takes you too close to second crack (ie: too dark) then just start the cooling cycle early.

There is no magic recipe to get the perfect roast as ambient temperature and a whole lot of other factors are the idiosyncrasies that make you the roaster, not the device!

Get a notebook and pen, take lots of notes and enjoy the journey ahead.

Comment

Working...
                              X