Behmor Plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sprezzatura View Post
    Are you: Select 200g/P3/Start for example?
    Yes, I am. So with this example your timer should adjust to 14.00mins (Does yours do this?). But mine remains at 12.00mins no matter what profile a select.

Yes, I fully read the manual and yes 240v was selected

Comment

Originally posted by CaffeinatedAndrew View Post
      Yes, I am. So with this example your timer should adjust to 14.00mins (Does yours do this?). But mine remains at 12.00mins no matter what profile a select.

Yes, I fully read the manual and yes 240v was selected
      ok, forget everything I just said. I miss read the manual everything works correctly.

Comment

Thanks Andy for both the fast shipping and the helpful tips for the noob roaster. Looking forwards to the journey ahead

Comment

Tell us how you go with Elephant Hills!

Comment

Behmor Plus

Wow! Try the PNG Mt. Ambar! I just made a Hario cup five minutes ago (this batch roasted 48+ hours ago): 13g, 8oz water off the boil 40 sec bloom. Yum! I wish my palate was better as it's convoluted but suffice it to say that when water hit the grounds I smelled morning in Flores when the old Ibu would make kopi tubruk - wood smoke and earth and sly subtle scents.

I'm beginning to see why Talk Coffee and Andy like this one. I bet it develops outstandingly as it rests some more.

Comment

Quick update on my first 3 roasts. Did 3 x 200g roasts using the (200g, P1, Start profile) keeping everything the same except the time I started cooling from first crack.

Roast #1 - Started cooling at first crack, was into rolling first crack before it cooled
              Roast #2 - Started cooling at rolling first crack, heard a few second cracks in cooling
              Roast #3 - Started cooling at second crack, things got really exciting on this one! Rolling second crack happened crazy fast, lots of smoke, chaff embers.

I found this whole experience so far to be insanely exciting and just loving that I can now roast my own green beans into something that I can turn into a hopefully drinkable coffee. Looking forwards to seeing how these three roast differ in taste and all ready planning my next experiment.

And on another positive. I also now all three of my smoke alarms throughout the house work perfectly
              Attached Files

Comment

I had the exact same experience with your Roast #3 - ha! Nice display! It's very cool. I had some of my coffee people come over and try some of the PNG I roasted two days ago and they thought it was very drinkable. I don't know why I didn't do this long, long ago.

Comment

Ah, the wonderful world of home coffee-roasting....

Can't beat it. I still enjoy the hell out of it every time I get out there and get into another roasting session.

Great stuff guys,
                  Mal.

Comment

How does one get a hold of those Coffeesnobs 12 panel scale roast depth cards?

Comment

They're out of stock for the foreseeable future. You'll have to settle for a digital copy CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay - Other Stuff - Replacement membership card Right click on the picture and 'Save as' then print it out.

Java "Color me what?" phile
                      Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X