Png

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Png

200g P3 RS @ 1C plus 45 seconds -cooling at enthusiastic 2C (I opened the door, too). CS 9 maybe?

Ambient 21°; Humidity 66%

At Andy's suggestion (not for this coffee specifically) I went right to the M2M and through the Hario. Black for me and full cream for the missus. Very good; excellent with milk. Slight smoke, some wood and thin acidity which faded to a nice clean after taste. I really like Papuan coffee this way.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440042954.938197.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	379.1 KB
ID:	757872

Which PNG bean do you have mate?

Mal.

Comment

Hi Mal - the Mount Ambar.

Comment

try the Sigri, if you get it
        Last edited by Javaphile; 21 August 2015, 02:52 AM. Reason: Commercial link(s) removed

Comment

Originally posted by Rolf View Post
          try the Sigri, if you get it
          I've blended using Sigri for a coffee company I used to work for and tried it on its own - it was absolutely phenomenal through the pour over.

Comment

Yep, I love the Sigri AA.

Probably my all-time favourite PNG coffee when it can be sourced.

I haven't tried the "PNG Mt Ambra A" as yet but going from Andy's notes, it sure sounds like a winner.
            With the Sigri AA though, I always stopped the roast just before 2nd-Crack started, just as the blue smoke began to make its presence known. Always seemed to get an ashy taste to it if I took it any further than this and has basically been my go-to profile for all new PNG bean varieties/crops, with tweaking coming into play afterwards, if necessary...

Mal.

Comment

Sigri vs Mt Ambra

I'll bet the Mt Ambra wins that blind taste test EVERY time... this is PNG at a whole new level.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                Sigri vs Mt Ambra

I'll bet the Mt Ambra wins that blind taste test EVERY time... this is PNG at a whole new level.
                Agreed. No contest. In comparison, Sigri = generic PNG.

Loving the Mt Ambra.

Comment

Well gents, I roasted four batches of it and can't wait to sample it as it rests.

I can say that (because in my excitement to roast the first batch I forgot to insert the chaff tray in the Behmor - doh!) it produced very little chaff. I took it to (1) just after FRC; (2) at 2C; (3) into 2C and (4) I was pushing buttons like Charlie Bucket in the Glass Elevator and opened the door on cool 5 seconds into 2C

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440149421.749061.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	308.6 KB
ID:	740967

Here's that last batch of Ambar (60%) with IEH (40%)

Comment

Please excuse the Moccona jar: I picked a bunch up at the recycling centre (honest).

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee View Post
                        Agreed. No contest. In comparison, Sigri = generic PNG.
                        Sigri must have fallen somewhat over the past few years then.
                        Nothing came close to it the last time I was able to get some AA from the estate...

What's "generic PNG", by the way Chris? Never had any of that...

Mal.

Comment

Png

Mal, I had Sigri about 2.5 years' ago. It was out of a 60kg batch and about 14 days' old - CS8 or 9 - and covered in shiny, light oil. I ran 500g through the Ditting and enjoyed it over the next few days through the Hario.

Comment

I would like to try the Mt Ambra beans, but there is no place in europe where I can buy them

Comment

Mt Ambra vs Wahgi?
                              Wahgi is a family favourite however stock is now critically low. Going to order some Ambra but always interested in others opinions.

Stuart

Comment

Working...
                              X