Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roasted beans becoming lighter in colour over time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roasted beans becoming lighter in colour over time.

Okay, I guess I'm a bit technologically backward as I can't work out how to simply post a question on CS so I'll just try and add one here & see if any kind hearted member can politely tell me why I'm an idiot & what I should have done! That said here's my question with slight preamble: I've recently started roasting with the Behmor & I've modified it by drilling the basket & casing and installed a thermocouple within a brass sleeve into the bean mass. I've also disconnected the afterburner for better cooling. Very happy with how it's going but I was wondering if anyone else had observed the roasted beans becoming lighter in colour over time. I usually allow a week before drinking and in that time (and especially into the 2nd week) the beans are at least 1 and probably 2 or more shades lighter than they were just after roasting. Any similar experience or theorys as to why?

At the top of the list of the threads in each forum there is a green button labeled "+Post New Thread" that you click on to start a new thread.

Java "Buttons 'R Us" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Thanks Javaphile. I see it now.

Comment

Working...
      X