Behmor HeatSnobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behmor HeatSnobs

Just finished my first roast after installing the new HeatSnobs Temp loggers. Not sure that the exhaust temp is really necessary but I like how it adds to the overall picture of what's going on with the roast. Took the opportunity to check out inside the Behmor to see how she works and where everything is located while I had it all apart. Heads up on reassembling it, the screw threads aren't holding onto much metal so don't do them up to firmly. I'm still learning how to roast on this baby but been getting some great results that I'm finding really nice in the cup. Did a really slow roast (Rwanda Nyungwe A) using 400/P4/D hitting cool after a few second cracks. What I hadn't noticed before when roasting without the loggers was how much the roast stalled when the exhaust fan kicks in (I manually hit P5 to help it recover faster then switch it back to auto). Really enjoying this whole new world of coffee other than just drinking it and looking forward to learning all I can
    Attached Files

The exhaust temp probe was placed just below the existing one and the inside/environment temp was installed as instructed in Andy's HeatSnob Temperature Data sticky post.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hey, I didn't know that the temp dropped when the exhaust kicked in. I'll go manual P5 and try that before returning to auto

Comment

Working...
      X