Australian Basalt Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Basalt Blue

Hey gang, I was recently given 1kg of Australian Basalt Blue green beans from "yourperfectcoffee" - sounds legit. I couldn't find too much information about these beans and how best to roast them, with only 1kg I can't play around too much. Anyone got any tips? I'm using a corretto with a Victor DMM and Bosch digi HG.

The beans are quite small, I think smaller than the Ethiopian Geesha I bought from Andy. In the bag they aren't giving off much of interest beyond the normal green beans smell. I was thinking not too dark, just teetering on 2c. Thoughts?

Australian Basalt Blue beans are from Coffees With Altitude, of Howe Farms on the Atherton Tablelands in far north Queensland

These beans may be small but need a bit of heat to get going. Take them to the first snaps of 2nd crack and you'll be rewarded with a soft yet rich coffee with a nutty finish decent as espresso, and capable of punching through milk in a latte or flat white if using a double as a base. A slightly lighter roast is better suited to other brew methods

Comment

AUSTRALIA BASALT BLUE SC16 - (20KG)
      Australia Basalt Blue Sc16 - (20Kg) - CM-AU-013
      Region Atherton Tablelands, Far North Queensland
      Screen Size 16 / 18
      Process Method Fully Washed
      Packaging Hessian Sacks
      Appearance Greenish
      Tasting Notes Soft earth upfront with a full body, mellow acidity going into a caramel, hazelnut, cocoa and cream finish.
      Optimal Roast Best roasted dark and left to age for a couple of weeks before use.
      Cupping Score Internal Score: 74

Comment

Thanks very much Vinitasse, sounds like I might get a decent shot if I treat it right.

Comment

Working...
        X