BMW parts on a Toyota?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW parts on a Toyota?

PatSala, don't make my mistake of buying the thermocouples first and then changing roasting software only to find they are incompatible.

Read lots of reviews to work out what roasting software and/or data logger is best for you before you start investing in thermocouples.

BTW HeatSnob uses a Human Interface Device (HID) with what I think is a K type ungrounded junction thermocouple but don't quote me on that.

Originally posted by MrFreddofrog View Post
    PatSala, don't make my mistake of buying the thermocouples first and then changing roasting software only to find they are incompatible.

Read lots of reviews to work out what roasting software and/or data logger is best for you before you start investing in thermocouples.

BTW HeatSnob uses a Human Interface Device (HID) with what I think is a K type ungrounded junction thermocouple but don't quote me on that.
    Yep, thats my concern too. I use RoastLogger software which is OS agnostic and as I only run Macs thats critical, my old Victor 86B has finally died and when I went to Bean Bay to pick a new one up I discovered Andy doesnt sell them anymore.

I have emailed him to check whether the HeatSnob is compatible with RoastLogger, I imagine it should be given that the 86B was the best one to use with both Roast Monitor and RoastLogger. As long as it has R232 HID output as then there is no need for drivers.

Comment

Although I have the DMM and Andy's thermocouple, I've actually gone the Arduino and TC4 route now. Use it with RoastLogger and also the option of Artisan. Excellent and relatively straight forward Mac OS solution.

Comment

Originally posted by readeral View Post
        Although I have the DMM and Andy's thermocouple, I've actually gone the Arduino and TC4 route now. Use it with RoastLogger and also the option of Artisan. Excellent and relatively straight forward Mac OS solution.
        In that case could I ask you to check whether the HeatSnob works with RoastLogger, no need to run a roast, just make sure that RoastLogger can "see" the HeatSnob.

Comment

I don't have a HeatSnob but the unavailable digital multimeter. Very few (if any) Mac users would have a heatsnob, mostly cause the cost of entry is too high for an experiment. That's why I went the cheaper TC4 route.

Comment

Just tried RoastLogger V2.3.9 with my Heatsnob and it is not detected, I'm not surprised, the raw data shown by the HIDTester included with Roastmonitor is different between the old meter and the Heatsnob.

You would have to send a Heatsnob to the author of RoastLogger to get support added so probably better off with a TC4.

Gary

Comment

Haha. This thread name :P Expensive heatsnob parts on a solid workhorse and highly popular Mac.

Comment

Working...
              X