Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E61 Group Seal too tight

Hi guys

I have an Expobar Minore IV and the group head is too tight. I have a 8mm seal and it won't allow the portafilter handle to be put in and tightened straight at 90 degrees. Instead it only tightens to around 45-50 degrees which is annoying because it gets in the way of the steam wand. So i have to wait for the shot to finish and remove the portafilter before i can steam the milk, which defeats the purpose of having a dual boiler machine and it also takes longer to make a coffee...

Does anybody know of a 7.5mm E61 Grouphead Seal available? Or is there any other way of getting the portafilter to tighten further (without forcing it too much)

Thanks

When fitting a new group seal, it shouldn't be expected for the group handle to come to the 12 o'clock.....

Have you fitted a rubber or silicone seal? The silicone seals available in BeanBay might have a little more 'give' than

the hard rubber seals. There are other non Expobar seals that have different dimensions, to the 73 x 57 x 8 mm

Expobar genuine, which come in different thicknesses... 7.5 mm /6 mm but I couldn't tell you if they would give a 100% seal.

Comment

Ive had the machine 6 months and still nowhere near 90 degrees/12 o'clock

I'm still on the original genuine expobar seal, i might try a silicone seal and see if it helps.

Otherwise, a 7.5mm might do the trick if i can find one...

Comment

yeah try silicone seal, they also dont bake on and are easy to remove.

you could try sanding down a smidge if you cant find one thinner?

cheers

Comment

I've had the same issue with my ECM. But they seem to squish down over a few months... Maybe one "hour" (if the handle is an hour hand in a clock) a month or so. Then they gradually get worn out and the handle can turn a good couple of hours past 12. I have always wondered if there was a 7mm seal. Next time maybe I'll look for a silicone seal too

Comment

Originally posted by BenjaminG View Post
            Next time maybe I'll look for a silicone seal too
            Don't need to look too far, try here for example...
            CoffeeSnobs - BeanBay - Cafelat Coffee Accessories

Mal.

Comment

Are the silicone seals any good compared to the standard rubber ones?

Comment

I've been using the cafelat silicone seal on my R58 since I bought it and I wouldn't go back. Seals well and has more give. Never had any trouble removing it and they do last longer than I expected.

Comment

Ok. Nice to know. I'll soon be upgrading my izzo alex then! Thx

Comment

Get the 8mm seal for the Alex. The 8.5 works ok but handle locks in short of the standard 6pm.

The red also goes faster!!

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X