Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean combination for pre-blending and then roasting

Hi all,

I have been pre-blending my green beans for years. It's just a convenience thing and I want the process to be quick.

Lately I have been trying to strive for more consistency and have a Heatsnob now. I'm just wondering if anyone has had any success with certain combinations that work to a similar roast profile - ideally what's currently in stock. I have been using a 4 bean mix for a while based on something that was posted on this forum ages ago and just substituting as required. I would like to be a little more accurate though. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Luke

Have a read of this thread, it's been a long running perennial favorite among our users.

Java "Lots of good ideas there" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Its kinda endless on what you can blend... I looked at the old thread and there doesnt seem to be much activity on there at the moment.

Me personally and this is just me, but i go for two types pf blends and looking at the beans on there id go for something of the following.

Brazil (either of the two available), the Sumatran and a central like the costa rica ratio of about 50/30/20

Or the Sumatra/Ethopia Yirgacheffe 50/50.

Just my two cents.

If this can be migrated to the other thread, that would be great.

Cheers,

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X