Perfect weather for roasting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect weather for roasting.

41°C forecast here today, perfect weather for roasting.

Just completed a batch of 750 grams of Ethiopian Gambella Sundried, took it almost to second crack, not the most even roast I've ever done, will be interesting to see what its like in the cup.

Originally posted by Yelta View Post

Just completed a batch of 750 grams of Ethiopian Gambella Sundried, took it almost to second crack, not the most even roast I've ever done, will be interesting to see what its like in the cup.
    You can do even Gambella roasts?

The way things are going these days, you soon won't need to use a roaster during summer. Just stick the beans in a bag and leave it on the dashboard for an hour or so.
    Last edited by flynnaus; 20 November 2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flynnaus View Post
      You can do even Gambella roasts?
      Nope, not this batch any way, have had them in the past, about 4 years ago, don't remember them being particularly troublesome back then.

Comment

I'd try them in a brew first before making too many assumptions...
        Some of my most enjoyable results in the cup have been with using beans that appeared distinctly non-uniform.

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimal View Post
          Some of my most enjoyable results in the cup have been with using beans that appeared distinctly non-uniform.

Mal.

Thanks Mal, will get back with my thought when I break into them.

Comment

Mal.
            One of the first beans i purchased going back years ago now and was not disappointed. I havent ordered in some time and this thread makes me want to get some to try.

Comment

Just roasted the same bean- almost no warm up required with the outside temp!!

Comment

Originally posted by hawk87 View Post
                Just roasted the same bean- almost no warm up required with the outside temp!!

Yep, I had to back the heat right off after first crack to prevent it running away.

Comment

Nope, not this batch any way, have had them in the past, about 4 years ago, don't remember them being particularly troublesome back then.
                  I reckon this is my favourite beanbay bean and it's always been reasonably uneven looking for me.
                  And to stay on topic here's the weather round here, been like this for the past month. I've increased my batch size in the behmor to 440g (from a low of around 380 in the dry season)
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191120-121748.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	751005

Comment

At least you can look forward to a cool weekend mate...
                    We were greeted on our first Christmas in Pannawonica, to a week of daytime temperatures above 50C...
                    Was that ever a shock to the system after living and working in a climate that averaged 25C for most of the year.

Mal.

Comment

We were greeted on our first Christmas in Pannawonica, to a week of daytime temperatures above 50C...
                      Was that ever a shock to the system after living and working in a climate that averaged 25C for most of the year.

Mal.
                      Ouch.

39 here tomorrow, but next week I'm going to Scotland for a while. Should be a touch cooler.

Comment

Yep, provided the rain comes (hasn't yet).

Comment

Originally posted by magnafunk View Post
                          I reckon this is my favourite beanbay bean and it's always been reasonably uneven looking for me.
                          And to stay on topic here's the weather round here, been like this for the past month. I've increased my batch size in the behmor to 440g (from a low of around 380 in the dry season)
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]24190[/ATTACH]
                          It's not so much the temp, which is bad enough, but the constant humidity. If you're not used to it, it can literally drive you crazy. Then it rains... then it's hot, humid and wet haha
                          Recall I spent a week working in the Kimberley in January. Phew...

Comment

Originally posted by flashpixx View Post
                            It's not so much the temp, which is bad enough, but the constant humidity. If you're not used to it, it can literally drive you crazy. Then it rains... then it's hot, humid and wet haha
                            Recall I spent a week working in the Kimberley in January. Phew...
                            Yes but the good thing is there's no surprises with the weather, hot and wet for 4 months, warm and dry for 4 months and bloody hot and dry for 4 months

Comment

We used to love watching the huge storms roll in, so spectacular...

Mal.

Comment

Working...
                              X